admin rights abuse and projecting subjectivity

dreadcoil

hello!

got no screenshots or video but

just now, admin Jessica started warning a player with a russia name to change his name into something not russian else he would be kicked. when i started calling out this hypocricy i got kicked several times. your admins claim: "no politics" on your server while their own name is pro ukraine colours. and half the server has ukrainian colours too. for weeks now nobody complained about any of that. But they themself kick people based on politics? That shows to me that they only decide what is right and wrong, insane.

i dont want to go into politics i just wished to have admins who treat everyone equally but here some questions for them. Did your admins have afghanistan coloured names when the USA bombed them for years? or Iraki ones? or syrian? or yemen? Armenia? anything? No? why the virtue signaling? if you tell people to stop politics ingame then stop it yourself and kick all the ukrainian names too. And dont be suprised if you get called out for your BS. i will do it again.

as i said i just want everyone to be treated equally, which in this case absolutely didnt happen.

dreadcoil

Hello Dreadcoil

In principle, we want to prevent conversations about religion and politics on the server. This always leads to discussions.
The player's name wasn't just russia, but : Russia is the best.
In this day and age that is not very appropriate, but it is encouraging. It is not about Russian residents, but about a country, a government that oppresses people and makes civilian victims.
I first asked this player to change the name, but got no response. After that I asked several times to change the name. Only then is the player kicked with the request to change the name.
Then you started a discussion, I asked to have it through the forum, you said you would report it through the forum, I said that's fine, and then you continue to discuss in the forum and you got kicked.
You are entitled to your opinion, but the game is not for discussion. And certainly not to call me Bitch. In that case, I will kick you again.

• Thanks 1

• Founders

Thank you for bringing this here now.  This is difficult issue as most of Europe do not agree with the war and will support the Ukraine. How ever I do see your point of being fair to everyone. 

We will discuss the matter and try to decide how we can try and treat everyone fair.

Any other feed back is welcome.

• Like 1

Hey Dreadcoill.

First of all thanks for passing by at our forums!

TeamMuppet stands for his open mindset and keeps every aspect of "discussion" open for everyone. (member regulars and even admins.)

Like you've mentioned before " i just want everyone to be treated equally" i guess this is one of the main rules in this community respect and equality between every indivual that joins one of our servers.

Dont be shy to give ur opinion, you are free to give you opion and in this case we will bring this one to our main admin section.

please give us some time to give a good statement on ur topic.

Keep fragging at TeamMuppet

Dmxj

Edited by Dmxj

It is a difficult topic, especially now that the war is happening in Europe. As you mentioned, no one bats an eye anymore when it's not in Europe since it isn't relevant to them. Myself included. Looking forward to seeing how TM decides to handle this one. Banning support for Ukraine seems dumb but on the other hand, supporting Russia should be allowed as well even if most people disagree with Russia's actions these past weeks.

Suggestion for solution: let players colour their names all they want but any political discussion or changing their names to support either side is prohibited. If players wish to discuss, there is a topic about the war on the forum so direct them here in that case.

• TeamMuppet coin 1

12 hours ago, Jessica said:

In this day and age that is not very appropriate, but it is encouraging. It is not about Russian residents, but about a country, a government that oppresses people and makes civilian victims.

with all the respect that i can bring up on this: you are not to decide who oppresses and who makes civilian victims and what is right or wrong in this. as i said i dont want to start a political discussion but its obvious that you have your media fed POV. and thats ok as long as you dont project it (which you did here). We had all kind of "political" pro-ukraine names in the last weeks, yours including. that shows that you took a side in this and then you went on to abuse your admin rights when someone wasnt on the same opinion. But thats the problem, its only your opinion, not facts.

If you want to talk about politics i can tell you some stuff about azov and how they murder, rape and terrorize civilians since more than 8 years. Or how they tried to kill my greek uncle when he tried to escape mariupol last week.

And for the record, i am not pro russian or anything, i am german and pro making your own opinion, which not many do nowadays. Here in germany, they have not learned from their past and are now sliding towards the same mistakes they did 80 years ago. Maybe that explains why i am so sensitive to stuff like this.

At last i want to apologize for being rude. However that will happen again if i see you abuse your admin rights again. stay neutral or let someone else do the admin job.

1 hour ago, dreadcoil said:

.. stay neutral or let someone else do the admin job.

And don't forget that you are guest in TM servers. TM community and what it offers (servers to play ET in, forum to discuss stuff and discord server to have daily interactions with other community members) is not public service. As long as it is under someones ownership and responsibility - the rules and policies are set in place by the ones in charge. You don't like them - noone forces you to stay here. You are free to play elsewhere. You want to have discussion about politics - there is a time and place for that, but gameserver chat is not that. You can have whatever color names you wish in server - yellow/blue to support Ukraine, Sweden or Kazakhstan if you like. Blue/white/red combination - support Russia, France, Panama, Costa Rica etc. That is not an issue. If you start using set names that are not welcomed at current time then you will be noted and you either change name or leave the server.

It is nothing new - it was the same with Covid, terrorist attacks etc. 

with all the respect that i can bring up on this: you are not to decide who oppresses and who makes civilian victims and what is right or wrong in this.

You are somewhat correct and somewhat incorrect. Jessica is not the one to decide if Russian terroristic attack against Ukraine is right or wrong BUT he is very much in position to decide what is okay to be voiced in TM servers/forum/discord (names, public chat etc).

Hope your greek uncle is doing well at the moment.

1 hour ago, Sebast1an said:

It is a difficult topic, especially now that the war is happening in Europe. As you mentioned, no one bats an eye anymore when it's not in Europe since it isn't relevant to them. Myself included. Looking forward to seeing how TM decides to handle this one. Banning support for Ukraine seems dumb but on the other hand, supporting Russia should be allowed as well even if most people disagree with Russia's actions these past weeks.

Suggestion for solution: let players colour their names all they want but any political discussion or changing their names to support either side is prohibited. If players wish to discuss, there is a topic about the war on the forum so direct them here in that case.

+1 

Edited by Ctrz
We all need to stay humans first. - s1mple
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

And don't forget that you are guest in TM servers. TM community and what it offers (servers to play ET in, forum to discuss stuff and discord server to have daily interactions with other community members) is not public service. As long as it is under someones ownership and responsibility - the rules and policies are set in place by the ones in charge

So you claim no politics and at the same time decide what politics can and what cannot be brought up? that is hypocricy and not fair. yes you own the server but stick to the rules you set up yourself, stop the cherry picking.

15 minutes ago, dreadcoil said:

So you claim no politics and at the same time decide what politics can and what cannot be brought up? that is hypocricy and not fair. yes you own the server but stick to the rules you set up yourself, stop the cherry picking.

Life sometimes is not fair, you got to learn to live with it. Owner of the house set the rules. Even a "no politics" can be a policy because politics ≠ policy.

Have your name in whatever colours you like - we have said that it is totally fine. Even if you name yourself Ivan or Jevgeni or Vladimir -  it is also totally fine. The moment you start discussion about politics in chat or showcase slogans by using them as names - it becomes an issue. And admins usually have tools in hand and trust from others to deal with those issues. As I'm aware right now - pro-Russia and pro-War statements are currently "non grata" in our servers. As long as there has not been any statement or instruction handed out by TM admin group of there beeing exception to this policy, it will still remain.

We had all kind of "political" pro-ukraine names in the last weeks, yours including. that shows that you took a side in this and then you went on to abuse your admin rights when someone wasnt on the same opinion. But thats the problem, its only your opinion, not facts.

It's not just our little opinion. It is also the ruling of ICJ. Pretty moral side to choose and policy to enforce.

TM is very open and democratic - you are always welcome to complain about if something is not to your liking and always responded and given explanation. But if you are looking for some kind of anarchy or nihilism or you dislike that game chat and playernames are not the place to show your support to war crimes and that is a deal breaker for you,then I suggest you to go elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Life sometimes is not fair, you got to learn to live with it. Owner of the house set the rules

no, i dont. nobody has to learn to live with being treated unfair. If you live like this i pity you. if i see people being treated unfair i will speak up at any time. Also you are not the one to decide what is fair/right and what not. And again, stick to the rules you made up yourself.

It's not just our little opinion. It is also the ruling of ICJ. Pretty moral side to choose and policy to enforce.

This discussion is not about choosing sides and who is the terrorist in this conflict. As mentioned if you want to talk politics i can show you enough ukrainian war crimes that will make you think twice. (and as mentioned i am NOT pro russian i just try to decide on my own what is really going on in this world) An ICJ doesnt mean anything. It is about staying neutral as an admin and sticking to the rules you made up yourself which you obviously didnt. Treat everyone equally.

TM is very open and democratic - you are always welcome to complain about if something is not to your liking and always responded and given explanation. But if you are looking for some kind of anarchy or nihilism or you dislike that game chat and playernames are not the place to show your support to war crimes and that is a deal breaker for you,then I suggest you to go elsewhere.

if i was looking for anarchy i would have not come to this forum to discuss the issue. you say war crimes but again, that is YOUR OPINION so stop projecting it to the game while you claim to be neutral as an admin.

edit: open and democratic means allowing any opinion or name being displayed, even if it bothers your own opinion

Edited by dreadcoil
edit

7 minutes ago, dreadcoil said:

edit: open and democratic means allowing any opinion or name being displayed, even if it bothers your own opinion

So you are saying TM should allow every name to be used in game? For example like Hitler or Breivik or Bin Laden?  And for example comments that say that rape does not exist and women deserve that harm or it was totally fine what happened in concentration camps or that jews were deported? 

13 minutes ago, dreadcoil said:

you say war crimes but again, that is YOUR OPINION so stop projecting it to the game while you claim to be neutral as an admin.

It is my opinion and it is based of facts, court rulings and information from people who lives there.

I'm not admin and I'm not neutral. It is impossible to be neutral over war crimes. Especially if they affect you very closely.

You like to complain over someone else beeing a jerk and getting a slap on a wrist for it and if thats what you like - go ahead. I just like beeing jerk towards other jerks. Nothing personal.

• Like 2

"Russia is the best" is clearly a provocative name at this moment and we cant see sane reason why anyone should use it or come to the forum to justify for using it.It wasnt any kind of admin abuse as we react to all provoking names("russia is the best" "kill all russians" "kill all ukrainians" "putin is a murderer"  "Z"  etc )

Only abuse i see here is from you and the other provocator guy as we have rules and if we say "no provocative names and discussion" then thats it! -We have announced it to you and acted like it but you still come here to yell.

Il repeat it so you get it -NO PROVOCATION ALLOWED ON OUR SERVER.ITS A GAME SERVER.ITS OFFICIAL TM VISION -LEAVE OR GET BANNED IF YOU DONT ACCEPT IT!(NB:we allow ukrainian coloured names)

Also please focus to the gaming,not discussing it on gaming community.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 10:05 AM, Matu said:

Only abuse i see here is from you and the other provocator guy as we have rules and if we say "no provocative names and discussion" then thats it! -We have announced it to you and acted like it but you still come here to yell.

lol i was asked to come here to explain my problem which i did.

i never provoked i just stood up for what i believe was the right thing. but that your admins do whatever they feel like is right that is known now.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest o take screenshots, and send it to admins.. And ask <=TM=> members to take info about players.. Iftheres anyone from TM around.. 

Player colours can be anykind of, I dont think peoples setting of player colours maked them banned.. But player can anytime tell to us if thinks some colour code looks unfriendly, but its other thing how we react to it.. More is about what they say or how provocative names they use.. I think its said already in upper posts.

Edited by Stumpel

• 0wN1x locked this topic