Caen map time

Caen  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Initial time + time bonus

• 15min + 5min +5min = 25min (currently in use)
    • 12min +6min +6min = 24min

There is another topic that involves a lot of additional and perhaps more in detail discussion about Caen. So il try to keep this around map time and time bonus variations only.

Axis being stuck for 15min feels too long i think some people might agree as well.

• poll option 1 if you are happy the way Caen is right now.
  • poll option 2 suggest lowering Initial time.

Every vote increases accuracy of the feedback so if u have an opinion over this matter i encourage you to vote

Edited by uips

Another alternative might be to take away the anti-rush aspect of map so coverts can steal docs without the tank being fixed. Technically there is still time for Allies to get to bridge before covert gets to boat if defense is paying attention, but that distraction could draw away enough Allies for Axis to get through first part of level. 

It’ll be hard to get through the onslaught of pwnage if Axis is already having to resort towards stealth for docs rather than bulldozing through, so Allies “should” still have the upper hand, but might help balance map better if Axis is stuck getting pummeled at first spawn. 

Have a good Allied medic/engi team at gate and good flamer at mg door and constant barrage of arty; not even the best players like myself and say maybe muxer can push through and claim city 😛

Also know a lot of times Allies can’t even hold the city for 1-2 spawntimes, but by then, if Axis aren’t inept, Axis will have fixed the tank before Allies can get back to city and reclaim flag, which already enables objective to be taken with stolen uniform, so don’t think taking the anti-rush feature off would hurt much.

*just the opinion of someone-who-can’t-even-hit-anything-with-mg-anymore-so-has-been-covert-lately 😎

6 hours ago, HeRcErMeR said:

Another alternative might be to take away the anti-rush aspect of map

I agree with this one. Giving something to do for axis covert (trying to sneak past allies for objective) makes it more interesting for axis perhaps. As allies i would not mind losing to sneak covert play because the stalling part  that can happen in beginning gets boring for both sides. The same way maps with docs can be done and finished fast sometime, Oasis tunnel door also. Why restrict it on caen unless it somehow really unbalances things?

Changed:

Time Limit from 15 to 12 + 6 + 6
Raised Allies spawn to 18 s
Lowered Axis spawn to 12s

Have an extra in mind to remove the mg at first part to give a 3rd way to get into allies spawn.
==> need more toughts about this one

Edited by Dmxj

On 4/8/2022 at 9:06 PM, Dmxj said:

n extra in mind to remove the mg at first part to give a 3rd way to get into allies spawn.

in a full server choke points mainly happen due to only 2 main ways. 20 players divide between 2 corridors. some kind of MG way edition might make it better "GA" edition of Caen. But i also see the door way opportunity for surprise capture of the flag.

I think enabling the documents door to objective for covert ops missions might make the flag part easier. When covert would steal objective allies have to give up the flag to secure objective or lose the map. Covert can cause enough mess to make the flag capturable. It will not be easy to get past all those allies or im wrong? :D

We're looking at this all wrong imo.

The main objective of the map is to steal/secure the docs right? Why don't we just photocopy and share the docs between the teams? It'll save 24 minutes of heartache and needless deaths. Heck axis could photocopy fake docs and allies would never know until they're having tea and crumpets in the evening.