Pulna

Dear admins,

*Please* double check the log before performing an intervention. Someone (Pulna) renamed, called a vote with offensive language and I got muted instead for 1 hour. Can't even warned my teammates about stuff in game. As it's not my first day playing on the srver, I'm also disappointed that it wasn't obvious such actions are very out of character for me.

pulna-rename-mute.thumb.jpg.6676ace03f54230333f01b6fe20604f6.jpgpulsa-guid.thumb.jpg.3456a9bb4017210ade0e034045b52116.jpg

Srry about that.Really silly situation.These warns and mutes dealed instantly so theres no time to doublecheck.We havent got problems people do such shenanigan b4 as name stealing results a long time  ban but we try keep  an eye on that more now ;)

Thank you for taking time to report it.see ya in server ;)

Hi Stiff,

I'd like to apologize to you for muting. I was truly tired and community at the server was behaving badly that day. The troll is already banned.  Right after your muted, we were searching for the troll.
Thank you for your post. Ofc I was surprised seeing your nick calling that vote, as you have never behaved like that. As Matu said, actions in game are taken instantly, furthermore it was a new type of trolling to us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jessica said:

Update : The "other" person I warned yesterday was Rocker, and so is this person.

Its the same person.

I will do a 1 month ban now.

why would you unban me and then ban me again for the same thing? 
This is not something new, this was the whole reason I got banned. It's on the same day and the same map.

Why did you change your mind?

Edited by wiza

Because Ande was not sure he banned the right guy, he Unbanned you after Ban.

You had name #Ukrain, Rocker, Pulna, but also Ewaz and other names.

We almost banned wrong person and another innocent person got muted, so we take name stealing pretty serious.

After investigating and seen its ALL you, I was the one who decided Ban was valide and banned you again.

It's a 30d ban.

16 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Because Ande was not sure he banned the right guy, he Unbanned you after Ban.

You had name #Ukrain, Rocker, Pulna, but also Ewaz and other names.

We almost banned wrong person and another innocent person got muted, so we take name stealing pretty serious.

After investigating and seen its ALL you, I was the one who decided Ban was valide and banned you again.

It's a 30d ban.

Alright

Hey guys, thank you for acknowledging the issue. It's a lot of energy to police a free, public server, but you guys have done an excellent job in keeping the games  fun and free of obnoxious players 😀. I appreciate it because I've been on both sides as admin and player and have my own war stories to tell.

Name stealing is one of those annoying issue that is better fixed in the server code (or scripting). To be honest, I wasn't even sure if the GUID I captured is correct. I'm amazed that you've managed to track down the player through all the name changes.

I am oddly amused that this punk chose to impersonate me. The number of colour escape codes I have used in my name doesn't make it all that easy. Perhaps he copy pasted from a terminal log? 🤔

39 minutes ago, StiffWrists said:

I am oddly amused that this punk chose to impersonate me. The number of colour escape codes I have used in my name doesn't make it all that easy. Perhaps he copy pasted from a terminal log? 🤔

Your name was funny to me and gave me the idea for the question. I just typed your name out in the console.

16 hours ago, wiza said:

Your name was funny to me and gave me the idea for the question. I just typed your name out in the console.

Why you keep lying? If it was just stealing name.. maybe would be believable. But you made a vote that was very childish and you knew what would happen with the name real owner which is why you renamed yourself back to your regular name faster than anyone in server could react or produce any other line of information to console.

You should feel lucky to only get away with 30d ban and not more because in my eyes you deliberately went out to harm someone else.

• Like 1

Identity theft occurs when someone uses another person's personal identifying information, like their name, identifying number, or credit card number, without their permission, to commit fraud or other crimes. The term identity theft was coined in 1964.[1] Since that time, the definition of identity theft has been statutorily defined throughout both the U.K. and the United States as the theft of personally identifiable information. Identity theft deliberately uses someone else's identity as a method to gain financial advantages or obtain credit and other benefits,[2][3] and perhaps to cause other person's disadvantages or loss. The person whose identity has been stolen may suffer adverse consequences,[4] especially if they are falsely held responsible for the perpetrator's actions. Personally identifiable information generally includes a person's name, date of birth, social security number, driver's license number, bank account or credit card numbers, PINs, electronic signatures, fingerprints, passwords, or any other information that can be used to access a person's financial resources.[5]

Wikipedia

Identity theft is a serious crime no matter the scale. Although it might seem innocent in a game. Punishment has to strong enough that person will not try it again in game or somewhere else. Perhaps add few words about it in server rules and consequence so it will be clear to everyone.

• Dmxj locked this topic