Goldrush Map Time

Similar to what Uips posted about Caen.

Not sure on Goldrush time bonuses, but im sure the 1st stage is 20 mins+?

Any chance of a vote to see if people want that lowering until allies gets the tank or something?

Im not sure of the current exact time bonuses, but im pretty sure there are a few bonuses at least for breaking into the bank? and with the initial 20mins map, it feels like its closer to a 40min map which seems very long for goldrush. Especially when uneven teams or choke stages etc.

Most of the time Allies manage to get tank running. Although i think there is no harm in having such system activated in Goldrush as well. In essence what it does it prevents the game from continuing when the attacking team cant get our of spawn.

15+5+5 that is currently in use in similar long maps (Caen, Venice) will work fine i think. 12+6+6 will lessen the being stuck with -3mins if needed.

Although i think it is even worse in the map Pirates. Ive seen allies stuck at first spawn lots of times. 12min initial time would be nice here with bonus once gate is destroyed.

Edited by uips

Goldrush is 25min no time bonuses right now.

Another thing i notice about longer maps such as Goldrush, Venice, Caen i tend not to vote them because of possible stalling that can occur. I tend to prefer "smaller" shorter maps because the duration of whole map is shorter. Dunno if anyone else has the same thoughts about those bigger maps. Thats why think total time 24min is better than 25min and time bonuses make the game feel shorter when u dont see the 20+ time ticking from beginning.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Bringing this back to attention, can we fix the goldrush map times please :)

Its 25 mins 1st stage and then I believe the bonuses are on there possibly too, so its even longer, but please fix the 25 mins 1st stage time :D

Whilst at it, can we fix fueldump with bonuses too please, again, 25 min map for the 1st stage at least

Goldrush is horrible 99% of the time. I play it quite often but you just know it's going to end on the timer and just be a slog no matter which team you're on. I'm not sure how you can fix it, it just doesnt play well between 2nd tank barrier and securing second gold. If the bank doors are still up after 15 minutes the game should just end imo.

I can't speak for fueldump since I can count on one hand how many times I've played it this year because nobody ever votes for it. Not sure why, less of a hell than Goldrush. 

2 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Mapupdated:

12 min initial time

+5 when tank is made
+3 when bank doors are destoryed

Total: 20min

i like the 20min total length. Goldrush ends up too many times in long boring gold defense. If it will be too much in favor of axis, always possible to make minor spawn time  adjustments

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 12:28 AM, uips said:

make minor spawn time  adjustments

what about adding 2s to axis spawn time to compensate for shorter map length and give allies 2s window before axis swarm makes it into gold crates. Might make last part of map little bit easier for allies

On 12/5/2022 at 10:03 PM, Dmxj said:

Mapupdated:

12 min initial time

+5 when tank is repaired
+3 when bank doors are destroyed

Total: 20min

After several games and analyze some suggestions and explanation why:

10 min initial time (-2 min)

1. +6 when tank is repaired (+1 min)
  2. +4 when bank doors are destroyed (+1min)
  3. +2 when both gold crates are secured

Total: 22 min (+2 min)

+ i still think making axis spawn time from 18 to 20 would be good thing in this map for balance.

Initial time from 12min to 10min. If axis are dominating this part it is very high chance it will be so in other parts of map too. So end it sooner and those 2 mins can be added to other parts for more balanced games where allies actually advance.

1. Tank to doors + destroying barricades takes 4.30min (around 3min no barricades). Axis effort can also delay tank so it makes sense for this part time bonus to be bigger compared to next.
  2. Bank doors destroyed. This part can be done quickly if axis are weak so it is only dependent on axis players. If axis are strong this is where the map will end probably.
  3. +2min once gold is secured on truck just to give allies enough time and chance if they manage to deliver gold at last seconds. This is important part as it gives allies motivation to fight till last second.