TeamMuppet 20 Years Anniversary Month

0wN1x

A little idea for generating some revenues that could be used for future events/marketing campaigns: What about selling this image on a T-shirt? I am sure that plenty of ppl with their nicknames on  would be happy to buy it :)  It could be a nice nostalgic/game relic and at the same time it will help the community(=fundraising) :) If you would charge like 15-20e for a nice quality t-shirt than it would sell :) @sty will be able to use it as a gym tshirt haha :D 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LordMarco6699 said:

A little idea for generating some revenues that could be used for future events/marketing campaigns: What about selling this image on a T-shirt? I am sure that plenty of ppl with their nicknames on  would be happy to buy it :)  It could be a nice nostalgic/game relic and at the same time it will help the community(=fundraising) :) If you would charge like 15-20e for a nice quality t-shirt than it would sell :) @sty will be able to use it as a gym tshirt haha :D 

Yes! Get me a muppet shirt!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LordMarco6699 said:

Idea with Teammupet T-shirts sounds really nice, but It may be not that simple due to copyright issues. Both Muppets with Kermit the Frog and Wolfenstein ET are proprietary and legally protected.

As long as money is out of the question - no problem. However, if we use it comercially, we can be in huge trouble.

• TeamMuppet coin 1

4 hours ago, divine_one said:

Idea with Teammupet T-shirts sounds really nice, but It may be not that simple due to copyright issues. Both Muppets with Kermit the Frog and Wolfenstein ET are proprietary and legally protected.

As long as money is out of the question - no problem. However, if we use it comercially, we can be in huge trouble.

You have a point. Nevertheless, the modified image with the nicknames on is different from the original Kermit the Frog and therefore it can be used I think.  A second option would be to contact the owner and ask for an approaval. Potentially a third option would be to design a new mascot :D 

7 hours ago, LordMarco6699 said:

You have a point. Nevertheless, the modified image with the nicknames on is different from the original Kermit the Frog and therefore it can be used I think.  A second option would be to contact the owner and ask for an approaval. Potentially a third option would be to design a new mascot :D 

I don’t think Disney is gonna approve on this ….

The discussion about using name "TeamMuppet" (or Teammuppet";  "teammuppet") and the modified logo is pretty interesting. By law, both -  the word "Muppet" and the Kermit logo are trademark protected (link 1; link 2 etc) and for sure you cant really sell varia of items with the naming or with the design.

By law the shops can’t even print copyrighted material without permission from the original creator.

But there is always the "fair use" question. When we talk about t-shirts, determining the ‘intent’ can be tricky area to navigate. Using an our logo on a custom shirt might be fine, provided it’s for noncommercial use. But it might still be questionable, because we can be asked any time or can be forced to prove that we're not making many out of using it and/or cause less profits to the original creator.

TLDR version - if we wanna sell it, it can be a real big issue. If we just want to own Teammuppet logo/name t-shirt (or other varia) then we should create vector file and everyone can make items for themselves by using it.

Easiest option is to create whole new logo and try to modify current name enough so it would be very clearly distinguishable from the original patentented one. Everything too similar can cause trouble, especially on current times when a lot of info is freely accessible in internet.

• Like 1

Yeah, even being made out of names and completely redrawn, Kermit is clearly Kermit and a protected character. Given our name is 'Team Muppet' as well, you're going to have a hard time convincing Disney lawyers that our frog character totally isn't Kermit, honest.

Upshot is, you can't take money for this. You could make the T-shirts and give them out in a very limited manner, but you couldn't attach that to any receipt of money, even donations. It would simply be argued that we are using unlicensed muppets merchandise to drive donations.

Given that it's Disney, I just wouldn't make t-shirts at all.

1 hour ago, StarScream said:

Yeah, even being made out of names and completely redrawn, Kermit is clearly Kermit and a protected character. Given our name is 'Team Muppet' as well, you're going to have a hard time convincing Disney lawyers that our frog character totally isn't Kermit, honest.

Upshot is, you can't take money for this. You could make the T-shirts and give them out in a very limited manner, but you couldn't attach that to any receipt of money, even donations. It would simply be argued that we are using unlicensed muppets merchandise to drive donations.

Given that it's Disney, I just wouldn't make t-shirts at all.

I think they have even right to sue if something you hand out free is similar and recognizable as their trademarked product and through that you are costing them theoretical sale of their own similar product.

Like if you make lots of shoes, add 3 stripes and similar logo to Adidas and hand them out free.. I doubt Adidas is happy that everyone have Adidas-like shoes but they themselves haven't sold any :D

But yea, not making shirts seem like best option. You could upload vector images to somewhere (if that's fine to share) so someone could make their own Teammuppet mug or shirt with their own cost and responsibility :)