Map suggestions

Some map suggestions (I do remember some of them where already in map rotation list, so idk the reasons why they got removed, i guess they weren't voted)

Airfield assault [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
Axis lab [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
Temple [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
Chicken bucket[et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
Password [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
V2 Factory [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*
Praetoria 2 [et.splatterladder.com] » Mapinfo for: *map*

In my opinion some map are big enough to deserve a chance to get added in a server that can get like 15v15
Some other as Chicken bucket / or like Golden Dunk are just fun frag map (as Cluedo right now)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperDomeDome said:

Airfield assault - caves too small for 20vs20, obj behind enemy spawn
Axis lab - indoors too small for 20vs20
Temple - indoors too small for 20vs20
Chicken bucket - not gonna even comment
Password - too small overall for 20vs20
v2 factory - it might had some glitches?
Praetoria - the "stealing fuel cans" stage is in front of axis spawn and its very hard with 20vs20 to get there. Also some people were raging when others didnt care about the fact that you could just hit tank X times with AT gun and map was done

Overall - a lot of maps just get thrown out because they are spamfest with 20vs20 and thats sad. I like all of them (except chicken bucket) and wouldnt mind to play them at all.

lot of this "trouble" can be adjusted with increasing/decreasing axis/allies spawn timer
Also it's not that all of them will be played in a 20 v 20 situation XD

As for Chicken bucket, why not ? 
Is a frag map, whoever is in control of the middle takes the win. It's a fast pure frag map aswell Cluedo 
I see no differences here

3 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

we do try to change maps but lots just do not get voted for no matter how many time we add them to the server. We will change them again next week. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think the main trouble about maps right now is not about the obj of the map (I'll just say Aldernest/Supply Depot where obj is inside Axis base)
As posted in another topic, it's about also the interval btw most played maps that should be increased, giving the opportunity to the most unvoted map to be played more 

22 hours ago, SuperDomeDome said:

lot of this "trouble" can be adjusted with increasing/decreasing axis/allies spawn time.

I remember playing et pub 20-30 players with spawn times as high as 30sec. Bigger spawn times decrease the "activity". But most players might enjoy fast paced game with low spawns in a public server.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:04 AM, SuperDomeDome said:

lot of this "trouble" can be adjusted with increasing/decreasing axis/allies spawn timer

Its not the spawntimes that is the issue, its the lack of room to play. Small maps are just fragfests and people who are good in completing objectives and enjoy that side of map dont really like tiny cubbies with 40 people fragging out.

to avoid people play the same 6 maps all the time, how do we think about this option :

Its mandatory to fill in ALL 3 votes, or vote button doesn't work.
In that case there is a bigger chance less popular maps will get voted

Please , what do you think about it ?

2 hours ago, Jessica said:

to avoid people play the same 6 maps all the time, how do we think about this option :

Its mandatory to fill in ALL 3 votes, or vote button doesn't work.
In that case there is a bigger chance less popular maps will get voted

Please , what do you think about it ?

It's worth a try imo

95% of the time I vote nothing. 5% Cluedo or some rarely played map.

Usually the whole time goes to looking at stats or stretching out.

Voting UI could be made much better. Too many clicks currently. 2 clicks per map and 1 click for sending vote(s). And have to move mouse a lot between map list and voting buttons.

Edited by Nanaa

Personally I'd vote more if the UI was like in the sketch attached.

Vote 1-3 maps.

Results could be shown either live or after the voting time limit. Not sure what's the best.

etl_map_vote_ui.png

Edited by Nanaa
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

Could we limit the next map selection to 3 or 4 maps only? 

I agree on lower map count as well (8, 6 or 4). Right now it is 10 i think. Usualy half of the list is 0-to few votes. Most of the time it is competition between 2 maps, sometimes 3.

This should lower the random diversity and it is actually easier to process and choose between smaller amount of maps. Preferable less votes as well down to 2 or 1 from current 3.

9 hours ago, Nanaa said:

Voting UI could be made much better. Too many clicks currently.

Right now it is 10 maps 3 votes (3pt, 2pt, 1pt). I think it is too much information processing. It would be really easier to just pick from smaller list with 1 vote?. Get done with voting fast and effectively. Preferably in about 5secs. What i do right now is go through list of maps choose one and hit 1 3 Pts vote to get done with it. Making the voting process easier and more endorsement might get more people participating in it.

Yeah, I might just be indecisive but it takes me so long to decide on three maps that the voting often ends before I've chosen.

I'd certainly be willing to try longer intervals, fewer maps in the list (6?) and single votes and see what happens.

We have like 30 maps on rotation. If there's too few maps to vote from in the endgame then you may never see your favourite maps all night. It's at 10 so people can see some unusual/newer maps but also see maybe the more played maps at the same time too.

4 hours ago, Charlie said:

If there's too few maps to vote from in the endgame then you may never see your favourite maps all night. 

But that's the problem. For most people favourite maps == maps they are familiar with. 

If I don't see a 'favourite map' then that's a chance to try a new map which may become a new 'favourite' map.

We don't need to pander to people's favourites, we need to create a situation where the 'favourites' are expanded.

Edited by StarScream

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

We have like 30 maps on rotation. If there's too few maps to vote from in the endgame then you may never see your favourite maps all night. It's at 10 so people can see some unusual/newer maps but also see maybe the more played maps at the same time too.

But if their fav map is only one of 3 (or 4) that are being voted then it might stand a chance to be selected. Today these odd map get one pro-vote and that's it.

Just take 4 maps and let people choose from them. Next time new 4 that are next 4 in queue and that's it. And the map that gets selected will be on some cooldown time, so those groups of 4 are refreshed after every selection.

On 7/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, Charlie said:

I believe smaller list is still better. As the before next map start is very small. Current big list and 3 votes get overwhelming. + There is general stats of players and just random chat after each map that happens in that little time window. I used to try give all 3 votes, decide what gets 3pts, what 1pt. It really took too much time and it was boring to compare and analyze  from my perspective. I quit using other 2 votes. What i do now is quickly go through the whole list and throw 1 vote for map i want to play next. And i still have time to pee before next match starts.

If lowering the map count does not give the desired outcome: Never see your favourite maps all night. Then maybe change the algorithm that chooses maps for the list can be changed (making sure there is always one popular map in the list). Maybe the whole voting system might need little rework to make it easier for server admins to set it up as preferred. (Map count, Amount of votes, Value of each vote, Map list preference: popular maps, unpopular maps, big maps, small maps). 

Another think players or TM members can do is try endorse next map in chat. It does seem to be a fact whenever someone calls out one map in chat to vote next, that map actually ends up with more votes .

On 7/12/2022 at 2:07 PM, Nanaa said:

Personally I'd vote more if the UI was like in the sketch attached.

Here is more accurate visual concept of the UI. I think it looks good. Less info faster processing = easier. Perhaps only 1 vote you just click the button and it is done

image.png.f877b495eb821b35ed03005848dbdd7e.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

hello TM

just few proposition

axis lab

eagle two ways

mlb daybreak 

mlb egypt

secret bay

then, it seem that maps are proposed 13 match after their last played

we have often a rotation between siwa GR bremen braund radar battery caen ...

maybe after 15 match or more , some new map will have a chance to be played and avoid the rotation