The rilfe problem

Hello,

I really like to play on the Teammuppet servers,  but there is one thing that drives me nuts.
The amount off rilfes today (generl) i have had a round where i got killed 5 times in a row from 5 diffrent players with the riflenade in a 10v10.

The Problem is that everyone who is not so good in aiming is taking the rifle which can sometimes ruin the balancing from the Teams
I mean you cant really play as a Team when you get insta gibed from so many sides, its just ruins the spirt of this awsome game.

Could you guys not put an LUA script on the server which counts the amout off Players playing on the server and regarding on that sets a max amount off rifles nades  to use.

25 minutes ago, HunT3r said:

The amount off rilfes today (generl) i have had a round where i got killed 5 times in a row from 5 diffrent players with the riflenade in a 10v10.

I feel the same about thompson/mp40. Could we limit those via LUA aswell and leave only pistols as options?

• Like 1

Just now, Ctrz said:

I feel the same about thompson/mp40. Could we limit those via LUA aswell and leave only pistols as options?

Thats not rly a point, but i like how you always drag everything into something ridicules. 

i agree on lowering rifle nades. Full server In some maps where there are limited ways and small corridors can result in lot of spam (Specail delivery upper corridor is nade heaven for axis). What about making a event for week? to try less rifle nades for a week Think it is not a bad idea to try "new" things or balance tweaks? Can always reverse back if makes things worse and people really dont like the change.

Another option would be to limit amount of rifle weapons.

• Thanks 1

Well i did not say turn off the rifles or something, but on some map it would be better to lower the amout, to not risk that the balance is out of control (Erdenberg) for example, you cant rly push the Cave when there are 4 rifles in the that tunnel just preshooting around the corner. And spam leads to spam so Allies will more rilfes to counter the rifels so its just a battle off who has the must luck and the better spawtimer ...

3 hours ago, HunT3r said:

Well i did not say turn off the rifles or something, but on some map it would be better to lower the amout, to not risk that the balance is out of control (Erdenberg) for example, you cant rly push the Cave when there are 4 rifles in the that tunnel just preshooting around the corner. And spam leads to spam so Allies will more rilfes to counter the rifels so its just a battle off who has the must luck and the better spawtimer ...

And without rifles its full of grenades and flamer and rambomedics anyway. Just some parts of map are more sensitive to rifles and some are not. 

That's why the flamer is limited to one per team, otherwise it would quickly become unplayable for everyone. Just as it seems rather healthy that field ops are limited to two per team, etc 🙆‍♂️.

Yeah its anyways sometimes unplayable with to many rifleplayers, its just super strong and then multiple off ist just a mess. 
I did not start that thread to whine, iam just thinking it would be more fun to everyone if TM would bring control to that massiv spam on some maps.

Maybe less medics.. I play mostly with rilfe.. Havent seen rifles as problem.. But if almost all are medics then game goes extremely hard.. Just sayin.. But its endless talking, always people want limit something.. Maybe easier is to say to them, try shoot better.. Or try keep teams more even, than that all strong players goes to same team..

18 hours ago, HunT3r said:

Yeah its anyways sometimes unplayable with to many rifleplayers, its just super strong and then multiple off ist just a mess. 
I did not start that thread to whine, iam just thinking it would be more fun to everyone if TM would bring control to that massiv spam on some maps.

Yeah, same with too much rambomedics, there will be always unbalanced maps for whatever reason. 

4 hours ago, Stumpel said:

try shoot better.

Well you cant shoot with a MP40 around the corner, whichs make the Rifle extremly strong.

2 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

Yeah, same with too much rambomedics, there will be always unbalanced maps for whatever reason. 

Sure iam not saying its only the rifle the problem, but imagine you  are getting shuffled by SR and you are agianst 5 rifleplayers which are preshooting every corner,  how can that be fair, cause its not included in the SR shuffle

6 hours ago, HunT3r said:

Well i would do  it like this:

4vs4 --> one rifle each team
6vs6 --> two rifles 
10vs10 --> 3 rifles
15vs15 --> 4 rifles 

But you can play the Grand and K without nades

And after 15v15 rifles to everyone :)

6 hours ago, HunT3r said:

6vs6 --> two rifles 
10vs10 --> 3 rifles
15vs15 --> 4 rifles 

I think the biggest unbalance happens when server gets full, value of rifle goes up as each "random" or not random shot has higher chance to hit and cause damage due to increased population. When lots of players are pushed into small areas (small maps) they become very easy and appealing targets to aoe damages. Rifle can be very deadly in hands of skilled player. If anything fixxed limited value of  rifles or rnades. From my point of view the rnades have most potential so lowering amount of rnades seems more logical to tune down the amount of heavy aoe damage (From current 8 to 6 or 4). Or make rnades eat up more power bar so they can not be spammed (from current 50% to 75% or 100%).

I think any kind of scarcity makes gameplay more fun, as u need to think and plan more to be effective. (Ammo, HP, heavy weapons, nades, also self killing as option to refill yourself). That might be just my preference. Having to think more about such things would add another layer to the game compared to current press K before spawn and take down as many enemies as possible (seems most effective). Scarcity should increase the value of items and therefore decrease randomness of events as people might think twice before using their kit.

Edited by uips

1 hour ago, uips said:

I think the biggest unbalance happens when server gets full, value of rifle goes up as each "random" or not random shot has higher chance to hit and cause damage due to increased population. When lots of players are pushed into small areas (small maps) they become very easy and appealing targets to aoe damages. Rifle can be very deadly in hands of skilled player. If anything fixxed limited value of  rifles or rnades. From my point of view the rnades have most potential so lowering amount of rnades seems more logical to tune down the amount of heavy aoe damage (From current 8 to 6 or 4). Or make rnades eat up more power bar so they can not be spammed (from current 50% to 75% or 100%).

I think any kind of scarcity makes gameplay more fun, as u need to think and plan more to be effective. (Ammo, HP, heavy weapons, nades, also self killing as option to refill yourself). That might be just my preference. Having to think more about such things would add another layer to the game compared to current press K before spawn and take down as many enemies as possible (seems most effective). Scarcity should increase the value of items and therefore decrease randomness of events as people might think twice before using their kit.

well sadly would not work, cause u just can selfkill to get ur nades back!

On 7/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, HunT3r said:

6vs6 --> two rifles 
10vs10 --> 3 rifles
15vs15 --> 4 rifles 

I vote F2 if this goes under vote.. But I vote F1 for all classes limitations, but that way that there isnt counted under limtations soldiers with basic gun.. Just sayin..

13 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

I think the weapon limitation is one of the reasons why etl2 is less populated then etl1

And why current server is full every evening. 

• TeamMuppet coin 2