The rilfe problem

I like to comment just to say this: Funny to see this topic, and secondly.. Server is mostly full.. It means people on server doesnt see that there is that kind 'problem'.. Because if server is havin problems then it would be more empty and than full.. And players might go other servers if its having big problems..  @Ctrz good comment :D 

So finally I think it like that, it really isnt a big 'problem'.. Its more personal problem to some players.. But anyway ET is old game..

5 hours ago, Stumpel said:

Funny to see this topic

You are correct in there. It's funny and strange to see topic like this - asking for a change (possibly unpopular one) - coming from someone who is or at least has tried multiple time to get his own clan server active.. but still comes back to TM servers.

Does the charge used also apply to planting mines and dynamite, and using pliers? Or effect anything else I'm not aware of? If it doesn't it seems like that would be the best way to go about any possible limitations to rifle nade spam in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Stumpel said:

I like to comment just to say this: Funny to see this topic, and secondly.. Server is mostly full.. It means people on server doesnt see that there is that kind 'problem'.. Because if server is havin problems then it would be more empty and than full.. And players might go other servers if its having big problems..  @Ctrz good comment :D 

So finally I think it like that, it really isnt a big 'problem'.. Its more personal problem to some players.. But anyway ET is old game..

Yeah the Server is good, and i like it too, what i mean is  that it is sometimes just unplayable cause of the amount off spam. I will try to but some demos together to show you guys what i mean. Its was Suggestion which should be change alot imo, but if dont ill just keep leaving the Server when there is to much spam. 

5 hours ago, Ctrz said:

You are correct in there. It's funny and strange to see topic like this - asking for a change (possibly unpopular one) - coming from someone who is or at least has tried multiple time to get his own clan server active.. but still comes back to TM servers.

I dont know what ur fucking problem is. I come here as a Player playing on ur Server on a daily bases and u have nothing better todo then draging me through the dust in Puplic.  We tried to start our own Server cause we did not like alot of the Settings  on the Server (posion knives), so we have had created a Fall back server. This topic has nothing to do with that Crtz, and its pretty hard sometimes to bring changes when you guys block everything out who critsim something. 

But i guess Topic closed 

"never change a running system" 

Edited by HunT3r

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

Does the charge used also apply to planting mines and dynamite, and using pliers? Or effect anything else I'm not aware of? If it doesn't it seems like that would be the best way to go about any possible limitations to rifle nade spam in my opinion.

It does for planting mines and dyna but doesn't effect defusing. 

I think the riflenade spam is one side of the coin where one could get some advantage vs tommy/mp40 (and why not even panzer players) players but head to head pretty sure rifle user mostly loses. I have yet to see in public server a huge multikill from engineer garand/rifle bullets. That balances the gun out well as it's only beneficial in longer distance usage.

51 minutes ago, HunT3r said:

dont know what ur fucking problem is. I come here as a Player playing on ur Server on a daily bases

I'm just making sure we are all on same page as it is not so black and white case of regular player suggesting a change rather a (you want to say now former?) competitor giving his opinion. I think it's fair to point that out and is nothing to be raged about.

58 minutes ago, HunT3r said:

I will try to but some demos together to show you guys what i mean.

Can't wait. Video gives more info and emotion further than description with words.

43 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

I'm just making sure we are all on same page as it is not so black and white case of regular player suggesting a change rather a (you want to say now former?) competitor giving his opinion. I think it's fair to point that out and is nothing to be raged about.

Well in imo you are a person who always tries to hold people down, and dont let them speak out. Etiher you make fun off them or you point them out, iam just trying to say there is a problem which is causing alot off people leaving the server, but nobody tries to change something cause you guys dont listen or just do the same you did to me.

image.png.5b0b7fea9e330ecf50628ff747d4c38a.png

as you can see iam not the only one - but people have no chance when you guys block everything instead off looking into it.
But iam done now, learned my lesson. 

Edited by HunT3r

Why is the server full?

- It's shit sometimes but it's still the best shit. And people are usually lazy to try populating a second server.

Rifles are not necessarily the problem but high population in maps with few routes and tight bottlenecks is. Playing attacker feels often like banging head to a wall if defenders get a good hold on chokes.

Still on other hand, this makes maps quite balanced for objective server where players gain SR. Maps are meant to be won by attacker in low pop. But with high pop win rates are 50% +- 0-20%.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nanaa said:

- It's "shit" sometimes but it's still the best "shit".

That is true, i cant see any other Legacy server that has enough players to even compete with TM server.

9 hours ago, Ctrz said:

riflenade spam

Shooting 2 rnades into blind tunnel because you can count spawn and due the high amount of players very high chance to cause lot of damage and kills.

14 hours ago, Charlie said:

Does the charge used also apply to planting mines and dynamite, and using pliers?

If engineer power bar is equal to 100,. Then right now one rnade shot takes 50 from that bar. That means you have 50 left for another rnade shot or other engineer jobs (constructing etc.) For example if one shot would be 75, you are left with 25  and need to wait till bar charges 50points, up to 75 for another shot. Iit takes 15sec  to charge 50points then that time would be the delay engineer has before he can shoot another rnade. That is 3.33 charge per sec. For example making the shot 60pts makes the delay to next shot 6secs. (Some more examples in attached picture). This eliminates rnade "spam" as u cant shoot next one right away. And another cost is it does take more from engineers powerbar aka other potential engi activities. To me not a an issue, involves more micromanagement as choosing to use rnade can cause lil more deficit on powerbar. Maybe using rnade at all situations is not the optimal way. Again perhaps my personal preference, might not be agreed by others.

rnade.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uips said:

For example making the shot 60pts makes the delay to next shot 6secs. (Some more examples in attached picture).

Oh, we should implement this with medics and their medpacks. If they consume their own medpacks, they will be delayed to shoot again X amount of time or consume another of their own medpack X amount of time.

Nice idea tbh. Fixes the rambomedic issue.

• 4 weeks later...

The efficacy of rifle grenadiers is quite specific to the map, even assuming a fully populated 22 vs 22 server.

I've never found rifle grenade spam particularly problematic:

1. Their blast radius is quite modest and rarely gib their targets. If you're an experienced medic, you can hang back, avoid the blast for the most part, and run in to revive.

2. Engineers with flak jackets can (almost?) take one to the face without dying. You can also switch to rifle grenades and have a duel or something.

I personally have more issues with level 4 soldiers using panzerfaust on 5-10s recharge and carry an SMG on the side. Someone needs to take away their SMG 😀

4 hours ago, StiffWrists said:

The efficacy of rifle grenadiers is quite specific to the map, even assuming a fully populated 22 vs 22 server.

I've never found rifle grenade spam particularly problematic:

1. Their blast radius is quite modest and rarely gib their targets. If you're an experienced medic, you can hang back, avoid the blast for the most part, and run in to revive.

2. Engineers with flak jackets can (almost?) take one to the face without dying. You can also switch to rifle grenades and have a duel or something.

I personally have more issues with level 4 soldiers using panzerfaust on 5-10s recharge and carry an SMG on the side. Someone needs to take away their SMG 😀

I would add gravity to the panzer if I could. That would make playing with it much more difficoult :) . And taking away SMG is not a bad idea either.

Soldier with a primary weapon SMG should be a viable option on its own if you like fragging the most. Soldier + SMG combo should replace Rambo Medics if that kit would somehow perform better than medic with SMG. Therefore soldiers 2ndary weapon always pistols and primary pick SMG or any heavy weap.

5 hours ago, uips said:

Soldier with a primary weapon SMG should be a viable option on its own if you like fragging the most. Soldier + SMG combo should replace Rambo Medics if that kit would somehow perform better than medic with SMG. Therefore soldiers 2ndary weapon always pistols and primary pick SMG or any heavy weap.

Offtopic alert:

I remember it beeing nq or jaymod server where soldiers could have shotgun+smg+adrenaline+double jump :D

Cannot remember having more fun :D 

On 7/15/2022 at 6:37 PM, uips said:

If engineer power bar is equal to 100,. Then right now one rnade shot takes 50 from that bar.

NEVERMIND IM WRONG, SORT OF.

I TIMED IT AND I AM WRONG, but you do recharge a nice amount while readying next nade. However you are vulnerable.

Edited by StarScream
IM WRONG

2 hours ago, StarScream said:

Clearly you haven't played engie with rifle because that simply isn't true.

Here's how it works:

When your bar is FULL, the first rifle nade takes around 30%.

When your bar is NOT FULL / SECOND NADE takes around 70%.

Therefore engies with empty bars need to wait until it is 70% full before they can fire another rifle nade.

Your problem has already been fixed.

Is this TM server only setting? Isn't it 50% normally?

11 hours ago, yolonese_ said:

I just feel like we're trying to avoid the obvious, it's a spam game. 

In all years in discord, forum etc this has got to be the most sensible thing anyone has said about ET when "changing X settings" has been discussed.

Gotta tip my fedora for this.:hi:

1 hour ago, Nanaa said:

Is this TM server only setting? Isn't it 50% normally?

I'm wrong.

I think it's command post dependent how much a shot costs as well, I will have to check now, as well as recharge speed timings.

I -know- the wait is longer if your bar is empty, but I'm now going to have to time it now to make sure I'm not imagining it.

DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS COMMENT. 

Also yes this is a spam game.

EDIT: I TIMED IT AND I AM WRONG AND AN IDIOT. I sort of see why I thought it was like that, given the recharge time, but no. Effectively, you've recharged 15% or so extra during the time you're fitting the next rifle nade. That 'vulnerable' time should probably be factored in, though because engies are easily surprised when fitting the nade.

Rather than thinking of it in terms of the charge bar, I was thinking in terms of time-til next nade... I think. 

Edited by StarScream