Bremen time bonus

Similar to Pirates there is sometimes chance for allies to get stuck in first spawn (unbalanced teams, etc).

Right now it is 15min. I guess it would not hurt to make it 12min + 3min on gate exploding, to steal 3min agony from allies in case of those stuck matches.

Wouldnt be bad idea to actually build up all maps like this if possible. :) I remember mlb_daybreak beeing very popular due that very same reason as it was often very on the edge if axis will proceed quick enough to complete task before time runs out. :) 

I'd make it 10min + 5min. Generally if you can't take the first part in 10 minutes then you'll not take it in the next 5. But, if you do manage to get it close to the 10 minute limit, you'll then get 5 minutes which is *just enough* time to possibly do the next part if you forget about the command post. Makes it more exciting.

15 minutes ago, StarScream said:

I'd make it 10min + 5min. Generally if you can't take the first part in 10 minutes then you'll not take it in the next 5. But, if you do manage to get it close to the 10 minute limit, you'll then get 5 minutes which is *just enough* time to possibly do the next part if you forget about the command post. Makes it more exciting.

i was also thinking about that, 12+3 just felt minimal. 10+5 leaves extra 5 minutes in case of last minute gate blow. obj + truck doable in 5 minutes compared to 3. 10+5 very viable option as well.

just a note it is now 10+5+3=18 compared to old 15min. Those extra 3 minutes slightly increase the map in favor for allies in end stage as more time to try for truck, if that is not a problem.

Maybe 10min +2min (gate)+2min (key)+2min (truck)=16 just enough to give chance and make stages more intense of running out of time (Repairing truck will give just enough time to possibly make it to end, 75sec from start to finish nonstop).

for allies blowing gate and starting truck definitely being hardest parts of map. (+ capturing CP but that is an important side quest :D)

Would even disable allies starting spawn once gate is blown to give more chance for axis in stopping  the truck in the end stage. To me this spawn is too good for allies to ruin every plan of axis :P I think it would be more even and fun without this advantage

Edited by uips

1 hour ago, uips said:

Would even disable allies starting spawn once gate is blown to give more chance for axis in stopping  the truck in the end stage. To me this spawn is too good for allies to ruin every plan of axis :P I think it would be more even and fun without this advantage

You mean the flag spawn or the very first spawn? I would disable flag spawn once the CP spawn is active.

37 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

You mean the flag spawn or the very first spawn? I would disable flag spawn once the CP spawn is active.

I ment the very first spawn to give axis more access on the lower part of map. Right now allies can flank at every direction if allies cant spawn in first spawn axis might have better chance on putting up defenses and holding that truck back. So 2 possible spawns for allies once gate is destroyed FLAG and capturable CP Spawn.

bremenmap.thumb.png.c46d37539d1dece5363f4b367c29c5f1.png

Flag spawn also option, but im not sure if CP is good trigger because it can be destroyed. Perhaps Starting the truck is better trigger? It pushes allies back even further for example destroying CP would push allies back into very first spawn (if flag is disabled) and that is a long way to truck when it is near first barricade. But everything is testable right? impossible to predict how it will all play out in game.

I think removing first allies spawn after gate would be slight nerf (less impact on game), Doing that to Flag spawn at certain event (CP or truck) could be bigger nerf (more impact)

Edited by uips

3 hours ago, uips said:

I ment the very first spawn to give axis more access on the lower part of map. Right now allies can flank at every direction if allies cant spawn in first spawn axis might have better chance on putting up defenses and holding that truck back. So 2 possible spawns for allies once gate is destroyed FLAG and capturable CP Spawn.

bremenmap.thumb.png.c46d37539d1dece5363f4b367c29c5f1.png

Flag spawn also option, but im not sure if CP is good trigger because it can be destroyed. Perhaps Starting the truck is better trigger? It pushes allies back even further for example destroying CP would push allies back into very first spawn (if flag is disabled) and that is a long way to truck when it is near first barricade. But everything is testable right? impossible to predict how it will all play out in game.

I think removing first allies spawn after gate would be slight nerf (less impact on game), Doing that to Flag spawn at certain event (CP or truck) could be bigger nerf (more impact)

Maybe not truck but stealing documents is a good trigger for losing flag spawn and keeping the first spawn and cp spawn (and get flag back when cp is destroyed). Axis have very little ways to get cp back or stop truck as they can mostly attack only from one side and with allied short spawntimes, its impossible to go through 2nd truck barrier behind the enemy.

7 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Not sure if it's interesting in removing those spawnareas.

Maybe adding 3 - 5 spawnseconds after repairing the truck?

Basically punish for completing objective :D

I think the original suggestion of just 10+5 was good enough :).

10 mins to stop a slaughter if its one way, but like uips said, 5 mins enough to at least try for the rest, should allies get the gate, the CP stage could also be a bit of a slaughter sometimes, but it can also very quickly pushed through if axis dont get setup, so 5 mins is enough.

I like to paly both allies and axis, but seems you are just penalising axis for having a good def sometimes, if they defend for 4:30, and allies would get key, theyd still win but with the above suggestions, you are always pushing it back in allies faavour.

Imo, the original point was to end a 1 sided slaughter, but just because 1 team defends good, doesnt necessarily mean its uneven, etc.

Edited by Mani

• 5 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 6:07 PM, uips said:

I think removing first allies spawn after gate would be slight nerf (less impact on game)

After lots of Bremen games i think it would be better if this spawn gets disabled after gate. It is too OP in end stage for allies. If axis manage to set up any defense, few allies players spawning in this spawn destroy axis from behind

10 hours ago, uips said:

After lots of Bremen games i think it would be better if this spawn gets disabled after gate. It is too OP in end stage for allies. If axis manage to set up any defense, few allies players spawning in this spawn destroy axis from behind

Do you mean the first spawn or the flag spawn? I think the flag spawn should be removed for sure after truck is stolen.