Fuel Dump Desert

Why not use desert edition instead of current?

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=14167

2 Spawn points for allies in start, 1 extra way in start ( kinda GA edition), considering the amount of players. Map seems polished and some new map objects might give some new tactical shooting positions and generally just give a little different vibe of fuel dump.

Games played desert edition: over 300k

UJE version: under 50k

Edited by uips

4 hours ago, Matu said:

Its been on server some time ago.Maybe there was a reason why we replaced it,maybe not.

Replaced it just now.Give feedback anyone,who plays it.

yea, I recall this beeing better version but also had some kind of issue. Lets see what the feedback brings. :) 

As fuel dump being lil bit controversy map. If i would have to choose between UJE vs desert version then desert seems better version to me.

One fence being open near fuel depot is good as it is a problem when it is fully built and allies plant dynamite on depot and axis have to go in circle due their own "defensive object" so +1 to this edition.

However few points around spawns:

fuelspawn.thumb.jpg.c49da9436f2f07975bb25fccbbe960e9.jpg

1. 2nd allies spawn might cause some confusion around SK rules due to line of sight (shooting directly from spawn).

2. Axis CP spawn. Although can be disabled by destroying CP. This gives axis better control over area and harder for allies to flank from side way. As this part of map can become hard for allies special when teams are bit unbalanced. (Maybe fun objective for allies cvops to disable spawn).

3. Axis near fuel spawn. Again gives axis better control over area. Basically impossible for allies to gain control over the middle area. Without this spawn Allies can gain control of left side of Depot better. To win a game allies definitely need better team than axis. As the end part of map is in favor for axis even in default version. Without this spawn Allies can gain control over Depot area better because axis have to start pushing from one side. + axis get already "secret tunnel" into this area 3th way out of default spawn.

Due the amount of players and spawn times i think it is better to disable these three spawns. Yet this is just first impression and maybe giving allies more "room" is not necessary.

Edited by uips

1. No, because its basically "capturable spawn" so SK there as much as you like.
2. Agreed. Would be okay if allowed just 2 people spawn there. Should be possible to limit number of players spawning places.
3. Agreed, its not helping allies at all and overpowering axis too much.

Disable 3 and keep either 1+2 or disable both.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:32 PM, uips said:

3. Axis near fuel spawn.

This spawn is too good for axis. Had a game with 90% win rate for allies. Tank was basically moving nonstop, fuel gate blown in about 5min. Rest of the game stuck on final objective. If possible removing this spawn would be first thing to do to improve balance.

Also someone mentioned that allies CP spawn does not have enough spawn points in 20vs20 game, some spawn in back spawn. If someone can confirm it. Should be possible to add more spawn points?

Edited by uips

5 hours ago, uips said:

This spawn is too good for axis. Had a game with 90% win rate for allies. Tank was basically moving nonstop, fuel gate blown in about 20min. Rest of the game stuck on final objective. If possible removing this spawn would be first thing to do to improve balance.

Also someone mentioned that allies CP spawn does not have enough spawn points in 20vs20 game, some spawn in back spawn. IF someone can confirm it. Should be possible to add more spawn points?

Yeah, I concur, spawn 3 for axis is crazy.

I can confirm that CP Spawn does not have enough spawn points, but this is the case for most maps when playing 20v20. I've had times when I've spawned at 1st "back" spawn as allies on almost every map when too many ppl have died. 

Edited by StarScream

• 4 months later...

I think this version is best out of all others there are. There is one extra way through mountain which is big help for allies.

Axis CP spawn (nr2) felt like it is too good but in reality it does not seem a big threat to allies :D.

Axis fuel spawn (nr3) I still think this spawn should be removed as last part of map is huge choke point for allies. It might make things lil more balanced and give allies better chance.

I think spawn #3 should be removed too, but also the dept fence (I think are two-stage builds here) nearest the tunnel axis leave after spawn should be disabled if possible or only allow first stage construction. With it open allies still struggle to get to it but more importantly it stops some less experienced axis player building the depot fence meaning axis have 0 chance of defusing if allies satchel and plant from the other side. Maybe this is why the map has #3 spawn for axis to allow better chance.

36 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

fence (I think are two-stage builds here) nearest the tunnel axis leave after spawn should be disabled

in desert edition this fence is always open, this change has been made already for the exact same reason

Edited by uips