ISSUE: Seawall Battery, axis recapture flag.

The fact that axis can take flag back leads to situations where it does more harm then good. I bet this does not need more explaining.

1. solution: Maybe script to make Allies capture permanent after holding flag for certain amount of time (30sec, 60sec). After that axis can not "accidentally" take it back. If something like that is possible.

2. solution: Add objective for allies, for example blow this thing to make flag capture permanent. But this requires changing the map i guess.

seawall.thumb.jpg.7100440c514bf9ee485ba18feb2d2773.jpg

7 hours ago, Dmxj said:

Removing the map would be even a better solution

Its always better to fix things rather than just remove them. Evolving maps in gaming is based on principle to fixing them and renewing them.

I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately I think thats what you get when you play on a pub and some ppl dont necessarily think and/or different skill lvls

Capturing the flag has its advantages sometimes, its knowing when etc.

Plus for allies, its good that axis recapture the flag, especially as it can be a spam fest inside and allies usually just camp the corridors.

For instance as allies, i dont like to grab the flag at all, so then could I say.

Plus, if we are testing things like this, can we have something for Supply? If allies touch the truck at 1st stage before gate is blown, they get insta gibbed? :D

I could make nice self-dialogue out of this :D

1 hour ago, Mani said:

Plus, if we are testing things like this, can we have something for Supply? If allies touch the truck at 1st stage before gate is blown, they get insta gibbed? :D

1 hour ago, Mani said:

I know exactly what you mean, but unfortunately I think thats what you get when you play on a pub and some ppl dont necessarily think and/or different skill lvls

But wouldnt be bad idea to stop the truck tbh because that helps allies a lot.

Edited by Ctrz
You are getting old if you refer to your hips as "good hip" and "bad hip" instead of left and right ..

1 hour ago, StarScream said:

DO NOT: Change the capturability of the forward flag.

DO: Change the Command Post so that axis can only spawn once it has been built.

I ll check script this friday!

19 hours ago, StarScream said:

DO: Change the Command Post so that axis can only spawn once it has been built.

As battery being highly in favor for allies "fixing" the command post will make it even more in favor for allies. 

I think some spawn time changes are also needed 

Viable options 2+ or +4 to allies spawn or -2 or -4  to axis spawn or any mixed combination. 

For example lowering axis spawn time make captureing cp harder as time window for succesful capture lowers. And also axis might get to objectives faster

Increasing allies spawn might give more time to axis and lower general allies swarming pace. 

Maybe test with some spawn time adjsutments as well whatever might make it more balanced and playable. 

Maybe reset map bias to determine faster if any adjustments have effect. If bias work as it should perfect way for adminS to determine state of map after period of time without need of real time experience

Edited by uips
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uips said:

As battery being highly in favor for allies "fixing" the command post will make it even more in favor for allies. 

I think some spawn time changes are also needed 

Viable options 2+ or +4 to allies spawn or -2 or -4  to axis spawn or any mixed combination. 

For example lowering axis spawn time make captureing cp harder as time window for succesful capture lowers. And also axis might get to objectives faster

Increasing allies spawn might give more time to axis and lower general allies swarming pace. 

Maybe test with some spawn time adjsutments as well whatever might make it more balanced and playable. 

Maybe reset map bias to determine faster if any adjustments have effect. If bias work as it should perfect way for adminS to determine state of map after period of time without need of real time experience

To be fair my suggestion was kind of a reference to that previous uips discussion and more a reflection of frustration and the main complaint about the map from allies 

I was expecting someone to say 'well you play allied engie a lot so you would say that.' :D

Ultimately, uips makes some good suggestions  regarding spawn time if it were to be changed.  I'd be curious to see how it plays out, it can still be very difficult for allies even with CP and forward flag because the two entrances to the gun control building (front doorway and rear tunnel, with optional covert door and mechanical door) are quite severe chokepoints. 

Edited by StarScream

I think the issue with axis spawnpoint at CP is the fact that they spawn basically in that CP. If they would spawn near backdoor when CP is built then it would be fine. And if allied would spawn also bit further from cp - top of the hill where railing ends - then that gives axis also some chance to fight for cp again :) 

23 hours ago, Ctrz said:

I think the issue with axis spawnpoint at CP is the fact that they spawn basically in that CP. If they would spawn near backdoor when CP is built then it would be fine. And if allied would spawn also bit further from cp - top of the hill where railing ends - then that gives axis also some chance to fight for cp again :) 

I swear I've played a version of SW Battery like that, but I may be misremembering.

47 minutes ago, StarScream said:

I swear I've played a version of SW Battery like that, but I may be misremembering.

there is version with similar to this. there is also version where you can build like long ramp-ladder to beach that you can climb to the gun :D thats pretty fun in all honesty