Mu few suggestions

Hey .

I don't know if any of them are in the works but in the spirit of them not getting lost in discord blabla I ask:

a)  could we add level 5 players (TM friends) possibility to call vote for kick someone lower or same level as they are and that person to be kicked when X % of "yes votes" are reached? Also could we save the data of these votes in some table to see who have really guarded well the server and who have been actively/repeatedly naughty when no TM tagged person is online. No need for that data to be published on anyone other than admin group.

b) could we decrease considerably the blast radius of panzer and mortar to make it a less mass destruction weapon. Recharge bar could stay unchanged and also - PLEASE remove the option to have Thompson/mp40 with heavy weapons.

c) start spawnexit rules ombudsman project because even if lines are drawn on maps and heated discussions have taken place then it seems that exact principles that will protect spawned player on the journey out from spawn spawn still seems unclear enough to leave a lot of room to wiggle or to be unsure. If anything else need to be done (lines on maps etc then that's an extra). It's easier to follow the rules if players understand what principles these rules follow and why are they there.

Surely I have some other things written down but let's start with these 3. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I would add on these three, one thing that I've suggested in the past:

Based on third suggestion, and always based on some admins argument that 'they want to play and not be babysitting', simplify the spawnkill rules:

• In situations where spawn is a flag, but it's mostly permanent for a team, don't treat it as capturable because most of the time it's owned by a team (example: et_beach allied spawn on flag).
  • CP spawns, treat it as capturable or not, but the same for all maps, don't have different rules for each
  • If you really want to simplify, make sk a standard (example: 1000 radius for small spawn areas, 5000 for bigger spawn areas, this is just random numbers, but could be done)
  • In maps where one team can have advantage of mortar placing it near spawn exits or inaccesible areas for enemies, disable mortar for both teams or punish the mortar with advantage. Example of this was pirates map, fortunately they are disabled now, another example i've just seen is in supply depot, axis mortar between the 2 axis spawnexits, if you want to get him by mortar you have high chances of getting kicked for sk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, _Ler said:

Example of the mortar thing (last point)

2022-10-17-205423-radar.png

If iam correct.

Your suggestions both teams cant use mortar at own spawnareas?

Well thats a good idea tbh not sure if @hazz can edit this into his script. But i like the mindset behind that its almost impossible to hit an mortar once hes in spawnarea.

Good point!

12 hours ago, Dmxj said:

If iam correct.

Your suggestions both teams cant use mortar at own spawnareas?

Well thats a good idea tbh not sure if @hazz can edit this into his script. But i like the mindset behind that its almost impossible to hit an mortar once hes in spawnarea.

Good point!

yes, in my opinion mortar shouldnt be allowed to hide somewhere where enemy team mortar cant shoot back because of the rules.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ctrz said:

yes, in my opinion mortar shouldnt be allowed to hide somewhere where enemy team mortar cant shoot back because of the rules.

I suggest that if you can't fire heavy weapons into spawn, then you shouldn't be allowed to fire heavy weapons out of spawn.

That used to be the rule on non-sk servers I played on back in the day.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, StarScream said:

I suggest that if you can't fire heavy weapons into spawn, then you shouldn't be allowed to fire heavy weapons out of spawn.

That used to be the rule on non-sk servers I played on back in the day.

Completely agree with this.

This could avoid situation on Caen where Allies can shoot from their spawn with MG42/ mortar and launch FFE in the courtyard, which give an unfair advantage to Allies.
 The final stage with an obj near the allies spawn is really tricky on a 20vs20 server and the new "anti SK" system is really accurate.

As an Axis you barely can't use FFE / AS to clean this zone without being  warned, even if it's to clean the Allies rooftop where the obj is hidden :)

So the map is  full heavy weapons for Allies and a butchery for Axis,  even more now.
(And Yes I was auto kicked yesterday on this map, I was testing the sensibility of the system : it's really sensible and i like it)

Edited by Ralaoups
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ralaoups said:

This could avoid situation on Caen where Allies can shoot from their spawn with MG42/ mortar and launch FFE in the courtyard, which give an unfair advantage to Allies.

would it be possible to restrict somehow setting up mortar or mg42 in spawn area. As hazz is already defining spawn areas maybe it is possible to code it in a way that denies setting up heavy weapons in that area with a message like: Mortar can not be set up in spawn area!

I don't think that could be coded like that, don't think there is a way to know if player has mortar set or not, maybe i'm wrong. Maybe using the spawn area boundaries coded by hazz to add fake roofs as in pirates allied first spawn, so mortar is blocked to and from there.

Other options coul be: limiting the energy bar (so less shots by time unit), weaking the shell damage and/or radius...

If admins change the rule sounding like tehy way that  MORTARS CANT BE SHOOT FROM SPAWN. LIKE MORTAR USER CANT JUST SIT INTO SPAWN AND START SHOOTING FROM THERE.. THAT IT NOT NOT ONLY THE RULE THAT MORTAR CANT SHOOT INTO SPAWN.. I have seen muptilple times in many maps guys sitting with mortar in their spwn and mortaring there the whole map.. So if the rule chenges the way what I understood.. There will be kicked many players.. Because I think the still set the mortar shooting spot (place where the are with mortar) from where to shoot to some where into their own spawn..   Just sayin maybe little retarded way, but my exaplanations ways are not the best ones..

17 hours ago, _Ler said:

I don't think that could be coded like that,

not sure either, well currently it detects whenever the player is inside spawn area. If it could detect Soldiers with Mortar and MG42 and make "weapalt" as unbind key when inside the area and display some kind of client side text message when weapalt cmd is used. If something like that could be coded then it will be possible