Bremen destroyable truck?

What about destroyable truck? Worth a try?

Truck getting out of garage area is pretty much game over for axis. If the truck would be destroyable this would give axis more chance to delay truck and axis barricades might make more sense and have better chance to fulfill their purpose. Also this will keep allies engineers with a important job till end of the map. Might make the end harder for allies? Right now it is the easiest part of the map. Bremen being popular map why not extend the duration of map this way?

It feels like truck being destroyable has more gameplay elements to offer.

14 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Wonder how different the map would play if the command post could be built by allies only OR it would be capturable flag.

Not sure if it's possible tho,

I work from home tomorrow might find some time to script it can't promise it will work.
I'll keep you updated.

13 hours ago, Nanaa said:

It's the same with goldrush and supply depot. Past certain point it's almost impossible to prevent escape. On Bremen Axis would need a better spawn / better spawn exits to have a chance in the late game.

Well you have to see it in both ways.

Grush:
How hard is it for allies to make the tank
How hard is it for allies to take the gold and bring it back to the truck with 20 axis waiting outside or inside for you

Supply Depot:
How hard is it for allies to get the flag when 20 axis are waiting in a bunker for you

It's for both side hard at some points, that makes the game unpredictable isn't it?

There is a modified version of bremen called bremen_truckmod that I believe it's the same as bremen_final but with destroyable truck. In the mapscript you can put more health to the truck so it's more difficult to be damaged. I believe if you manage to play with globalaccums you can set a different health for each part of the truck run (maybe set 9999 health at beginning, 2000 after barrier 1 and 1050 or less after barrier 2)

But my guess is that from bremen_final you can't make destroyable truck, at least I tried it and I couldn't find the way. I guess the model properties have to be changed in the map itself and can't be modified by mapscript, or I guess I don't know enough scripting :(

Same for CP, it's the neutral cp used, so both teams can build it. Unless you try removing all the script for axis CP, and it stays with the neutral model but only allies can build it... You could try and see

Goldrush: in my experience if you are engineer you have to take it easy otherwise you'll be bald at a young age, if you manage to get past all the enemy flamer, nades, landmines, mortar.... you'll get the final hit of your death by friendly arty, flamer, bazooka, thompson.... Even if you have a strong team and manage to steal both golds, there is a high chance for axis to stop it (engi can sneak and make second barrier, they can spam nades to truck, landmines...)

About supply depot: how many times do allies capture flag before destroying main gate? It's way easiser to plant dyna down and let the script capture the spawn for you that trying to capture...

Maps are biased for defending team in servers like teammuppet with high amount of players, all you have to do is wait and click as defender, the choke points are 99% for attacking team (Caen2 for axis is RIP....)

So in the end, the best option will be to enforce defending players to play some time in attacking teams (and disabling mortar, always :D )

Edited by _Ler

Yup, I don't think Bremen or Supply Depot needs destructible trucks. It's pretty bad for Allies unless Axis spawn position and/or times are tweaked to compensate.

For Bremen, I wonder if making it easier for Axis to break through the warehouse(?) and reach the second truck barrier will help.

1 hour ago, StiffWrists said:

For Bremen, I wonder if making it easier for Axis to break through the warehouse(?) and reach the second truck barrier will help.

Here is a recommendation to remove allies first spawn after wall is destroyed to give better access for axis, so lower part of map can be used to take better defensive positions. Imo this spawn is way too good for allies at the last stage of map

Edited by uips

1 hour ago, uips said:

Here is a recommendation to remove allies first spawn after wall is destroyed to give better access for axis, so lower part of map can be used to take better defensive positions. Imo this spawn is way too good for allies at the last stage of map

Or give that spawn to Axis after truck is stolen or when it has passed 1st barricade!

Edited by Nanaa