Bad Robot!

Hi,

I've been playing ET for a long time on and off. You'll see me play as Bad Robot. Interestingly, today's my birthday - and I've turned 29. Just a year to go before the dreaded 30.  

Feel free to ask whatever's on your mind. I'm not good at introductions, haha. 

Cheers!

• TeamMuppet coin 1

Hi G'woon.
Welkom op ons forum.

Hier de naam van het IR paneel welke ik gebruik Irecoheat - Infrarood Paneel Verwarming - 300 Watt  ( Geen Ecosun bestellen, die doen het echt minder goed )

Onder het bureau bij je voeten/benen plaatsen, en je hebt het lokaal lekker warm.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jessica said:

Hi G'woon.
Welkom op ons forum.

Hier de naam van het IR paneel welke ik gebruik Irecoheat - Infrarood Paneel Verwarming - 300 Watt  ( Geen Ecosun bestellen, die doen het echt minder goed )

Onder het bureau bij je voeten/benen plaatsen, en je hebt het lokaal lekker warm.

Wtf?!?!

Both of you are from planet Klingon?

Happy b-day.29 ... so its 87 human years,just like jess😇

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Matu said:

Wtf?!?!

Both of you are from planet Klingon?

Happy b-day.29 ... so its 87 human years,just like jess😇

I'm actually a really *huge* Star Trek fan! For those that don't really know, Klingon is a language from the show with actual syntax and grammar. I could talk for hours and hours about Star Trek, but I suppose what really grabs me is that the various shows all show something worthwhile.  Human beings that work to help everyone indiscriminately, while also showing various facets of history and societies. For instance, if we just take race, the "Cardassians" are a militaristic race, the "Ferengi" are prime time capitalists, the "Bajorans" the spirituals that were forced to become warriors. The "Klingons" of course, warriors for honor but throughout the shows, we see how absolute power (in their "high council") keeps corrupting.

And if we go further than that, we see Star Trek promoting inclusivity, i.e. with the first colored woman starring in a show on TV. It promotes multicultural values, including the first interracial kiss on TV! The various technologies (cell phones, anyone?) that Star Trek envisioned and inspired are plenty. 

There's so much more, but since you didn't specifically ask, I'll spare you more!

Note: I'm talking about the older shows (ST: TOS, ST: TNG, ST: DS9, ST: VOY and ST: ENG). I'm not talking about the new shows/movies - since they seem to be missing the original Roddenberry vision (humanity to all) and that's sad.