Is Venice Map Bugged?

Hey everyone,

I am experiencing a weird situation with the game. My game crashes on the map "Venice". Tried deleting the map and allowing redownload while connecting to server. Did not fix the issue. My ET: Legacy is downloaded from official ETL web site and I do not use a specific .cfg or anything. Just a 30 sth year old nostalgia fella trying to enjoy the game. There is another map that the game crashes but I can not remember the name now. That is a very rarely played map.

I play the game on a Ryzen 5 1600 AF CPU and AMD RX580 GFX card with 16 GB RAM. I use the latest GFX drivers from AMD.

Any recommendations are welcome. Anyone has the same issue on certain maps?

Kind Regards,

I believe there was recently (or still is) issue when you use 64bit client in Windows. Do you run that version? I'd suggest the 32bit version. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help. You might be able to get some more answers on our discord if you tag tech support they are quite helpful there :)

On 4/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, Cyber said:

I believe there was recently (or still is) issue when you use 64bit client in Windows. Do you run that version? I'd suggest the 32bit version. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't help. You might be able to get some more answers on our discord if you tag tech support they are quite helpful there :)

Yes I am using 64 Bit client on Windows 10. I will try 32 bit too. I am kind of on 1980s fella and not sure what Discord is. I do not have an account there but will try to figure it out and reach tech support if I have to as a last resort.

Thanks again.

Regards,

For discord, use this link:

https://discord.gg/VPay8zSp

It's an invite to the muppet server, it will expire in 7 days. I assume you'll have to set up an account or at least a nickname, not sure how exactly it works these days. It might also nag you to download their app, but I'm sure you can use it only in browser :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/15/2023 at 12:56 AM, Cyber said:

For discord, use this link:

https://discord.gg/VPay8zSp

It's an invite to the muppet server, it will expire in 7 days. I assume you'll have to set up an account or at least a nickname, not sure how exactly it works these days. It might also nag you to download their app, but I'm sure you can use it only in browser :)

Changing to 32 bit client, even different CPU and GPU did not work. Decay, Venice and other open sky maps were also freezing for me. I switched to "low quality sky" from system settings I guess and problem solved for now. May be this may help others with similar issues.