Jessica - officiousness in banning

Muxer

I often play mortar (I just like it).
I know where to hit close to the edge of SK script area or generally piss of the enemy.

We have this great SK script - it warns, gibs and kicks if necessary. Works great! I love it. But Jessica: wants to be better than script. Looks like is hunting for me with bans.

When I am setting up mortar - I sometimes hit the edge (and get first script warning).
If Jessica is on server, in 10 seconds I see: "!searchplayer muxer" and get a ban (for 1 warning only !!!).

Today - something new: 24h ban.
Maybe think about blocking mortars in all maps if you hate it or extend the SK script area.

Edited by Muxer

Sk scripts is a tool to help members/admins to make their lives easier. Every sk you made is noted in history, so I assume your history is very interesting and this is not the single case of accidential mortar shot. Every member/admin can make own decision, script is not above the members act. You wrote that you are shooting at the edge of sk area and this is the problem. Just do not shot in such places and you will not get warns etc. If you doing it almost everyday we can make action like Jessica did: ban you for specific time. If this punishment will not make any change in your gameplay I assure you, your ban will be longer every time.

And I will write it again , SK IS FORBIDDEN ON OUR SERVER, script is allowing to make 2 sk - first is a warn, second - gib and 3 is a kick but this not mean that you can sk 2 times everytime because script allows it. Just follow the rules and such situation will not take place again.

If you are experienced mortar player you exactly know how to use this weapon and calculate place where shot will hit, so there is no any excuses for you.

For the last: JUST FOLLOW THE RULES

• Like 2

This game was/is always about searching for new tactics, ideas and... edges and limits.
Here it is matter of admins personal tolerance (or being too strict) for single actions. Even if rules are clear ("no SK"), its execution seems to depend very much on admins personal attitude to a player.

How it might start?
I am often tracking strong players on map and I am frequently clearing field in front of them. If someone is too fast - sometimes gets a friendly shell accidentally.
I suppose I could TK Jessica few times some time ago and I've landed somewhere high on his black list.

If you setup completely automated SK penalty script, you wouldn't see this kind of posts on forum any more.  And admins could focus more on pleasant playing.
Script has no feelings about heavy weapons (or players). Admins do.

Just and interesting ideas to think about:

a) dont play on the edge of rules. That makes chance of hitting spawnzone with mortar higher = makes chance of getting punished for it higher
b) doing same "crime" over and over again will just cumulate the punishment
c) if you make mistake - own it there and here
d) being unhappy because you got caught is different from beeing unhappy because of unfair treatment
e) script is there to help but its not the guideline or main decider
f) doing same "crimes" in front of same TM member will make them remember you well but because of wrong reasons and that will not help you

Calling namely out co-leader of the community and blame him for not beeing unfair but for beeing proactive and thorough ... I dont see what he even did wrong - so whats the point of this topic? You just dig yourself deeper .. 

Edited by Ctrz
Good luck.

This topic is just to tell you that nothing is written in stone and it is worth to get feedback sometimes.

I've seen a lot of online communities in my life and I've seen a lot of overreacting admins, who were feeling as GODS... You know: limitless power, kicking, banning, punishing...  WOW! 
First: people start joking about them... but later: got simply discouraged and left because of continuous conflicts generated.

I hope that thank to this topic Jessica will think about cooling down a little bit, loosing pants and letting people play on open server (even the disliked people) - just like the other members do.
Maybe it will also stop jokes about his kicks and bans...

• Confused 1

I don’t personally think Jessica has any specific hostility against you. His decisions are always based on facts (rules breaking): what he does witness and/or the server logs.

The objective of the rules and their enforcement by TM is clear: having a server with pretty many available slots on which everyone can play fairly, i.e without being chain spawnkilled or insulted/discriminated. That’s the whole point, nothing personal with anyone.

10 hours ago, Muxer said:

I often play mortar (I just like it).
I know where to hit close to the edge of SK script area or generally piss of the enemy.

We have this great SK script - it warns, gibs and kicks if necessary. Works great! I love it. But Jessica: wants to be better than script. Looks like is hunting for me with bans.

When I am setting up mortar - I sometimes hit the edge (and get first script warning).
If Jessica is on server, in 10 seconds I see: "!searchplayer muxer" and get a ban (for 1 warning only !!!).

Today - something new: 24h ban.
Maybe think about blocking mortars in all maps if you hate it or extend the SK script area.

First of all, if you connect to our server with the idea to go and piss of the enemy you're wrong to begin with.
You claim to know how to hit close to the edge of what's allowed. If you stay within those margins, you're fine. But you're playing with fire by choosing to aim this close to the allowable. Tip: when setting up your mortar it might be better to start aiming further away from the edge and move your way up to prevent warnings.

It's already explained a couple times, but since you didn't (want to) understand, I'll repeat it again. The sk script is there to help us spot players who often break the rules. Just because the script doesn't auto-kick you untill you break the rule 3 times in a map, doesn't mean you get to spawnkill 2 times every map without consequences. All your warnings are being logged in your personal history list and like Ande said, your record is huge. At some point we have to step in when there are too many warnings. Jessica was actually very nice to ban you for just 1 day, because it's usually longer. I bet this ban was done to get your attention and look, it worked. If you continue to break the rules and your history builds up even further, you will be banned again (and longer).

8 hours ago, Muxer said:

This game was/is always about searching for new tactics, ideas and... edges and limits.
Here it is matter of admins personal tolerance (or being too strict) for single actions. Even if rules are clear ("no SK"), its execution seems to depend very much on admins personal attitude to a player.

How it might start?
I am often tracking strong players on map and I am frequently clearing field in front of them. If someone is too fast - sometimes gets a friendly shell accidentally.
I suppose I could TK Jessica few times some time ago and I've landed somewhere high on his black list.

If you setup completely automated SK penalty script, you wouldn't see this kind of posts on forum any more.  And admins could focus more on pleasant playing.
Script has no feelings about heavy weapons (or players). Admins do.

You're free to search for the edges and limits, but don't be surprised if there will be consequences if you go over the edge. Many times.
It has nothing to do with you personally. Like Flo said, it's purely based on facts. Your history doesn't lie.

6 hours ago, Muxer said:

This topic is just to tell you that nothing is written in stone and it is worth to get feedback sometimes.

I've seen a lot of online communities in my life and I've seen a lot of overreacting admins, who were feeling as GODS... You know: limitless power, kicking, banning, punishing...  WOW! 
First: people start joking about them... but later: got simply discouraged and left because of continuous conflicts generated.

I hope that thank to this topic Jessica will think about cooling down a little bit, loosing pants and letting people play on open server (even the disliked people) - just like the other members do.

Calling someone an admin abuser for banning you 1 day because you've had over 200 warnings is actually quite hilarious. It's not like we kick, ban or do whatever command for fun. And we certainly don't feel like gods. In an ideal world we wouldn't even be needing these commands, but we've got to maintain a fun and playable server for 50 people. Sometimes we have to step in. You're always free to go if you feel discouraged, you will be deeply missed. And finally, you can joke around all you want about the kicks and bans, but in the end the joke is on you.

• Thanks 1

I got banned for 10 days (864 000 sec) for saying "your mama is ez like this game" without any previous stuff or any warnings or saying anything else than that (except what kinda kid takes that as an insult on internet),  it was total joke said with complete humour, and like everybody took it as a joke, except some offended snowflake just screenshot it and boom 10 day ban :D so yeah.. good system with "loads of logs and 1 day is quite little ban" :DD Somebody is screwing with ur server rules hundreds of times? meeeh lets give 1 day... but somebody tells a mama joke!? BOOM! BANHAMMER!

Edited by ezlikeurmama

Ah you must be that Plafkii kid with the 'mother jokes'. How old were you again?
Feel free to make your own appeal topic (or please don't, waste of our time). Let's stay on topic here will you.

On 5/13/2023 at 3:46 AM, Muxer said:

Whilst I belive your good intentions, and from what little I know about you from the server, that you are a good guy...man, just try to admin this server for 1 week. You will see how much work it is, and you will know that admins do not enjoy babysitting spawnkillers, but they would rarther have a good time pubbing.

Most is already spoken. Just lets make 1 thing clear Muxer, it is nothing personal against you.

When I see a warn, I do a history scan, and I do it in the open. People always see me type the !search, so you KNOW I will check history, and I am sure you have see me doing it manytimes with other players too

Punishment is always done by history, never personal.

And one personal note for you : When you play on the edges, you certainly know that you will get over the limit sometimes ( Many times in your case ) and dont whine when you get punished for it, just take it like a man :)