Screen keeps freezing

Sebast1an

Hey,

my screen keeps freezing. Meaning I can hear the game and play (judging by sounds) but the screen freezes - only restarting the game helps. Happens most on Decay and Venice for some reason. Could not play 5sec on Venice yesterday without the screen freezing.

Playing on the latest Legacy client and reinstall did not help.

Any ideas?

Lost's idea was to try out the 32bit version of Legacy so I did. I also noticed the sky was bugging on the problematic maps so I added /seta r_fastSky "1" to my cfg. One of the two apparently seems to have worked, at least I managed to play Decay without issues today. Thanks for the help lost.

• TeamMuppet coin 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, Sebast1an said:

Hey,

my screen keeps freezing. Meaning I can hear the game and play (judging by sounds) but the screen freezes - only restarting the game helps. Happens most on Decay and Venice for some reason. Could not play 5sec on Venice yesterday without the screen freezing.

Playing on the latest Legacy client and reinstall did not help.

Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem. Changing to 32 bit client, even different CPU and GPU did not work. Decay, Venice and other open sky maps were also freezing for me. I switched to "low quality sky" from system settings I guess and problem solved for now.