massive fps drop after updating vista to windows 8.1?

scyth

i've literally just formatted my pc and upgraded to windows 8.1.

now running et using my exact same cfg as before my fps drops on the etpub server are insanely bad.

instead of my fps sitting at 125 and having little drops when loads of stuff is happening, it is sitting at around 50fps constantly

i've attached a demo of me playing goldrush just there now and my cfg. 

i literally can't get a kill because moving my mouse is so laggy and the people moving in front of me are so laggy.

thanks for any help you guys come up with because i literally can't play like this!

:(

EDIT: *demo doesn't show the lag and the actual fps drop on my screen (i.e the mouse jumping across the screen and people stuttering instead of moving normally) but you can still see my fps drops to 45fps...*

scythpub.cfg

Scyth.dm_84

sorry for the late reply!

the card is  ATI Radeon HD 3450.

when i go to Device Manager and check for updates for the drivers it says it's fully up to date.

i have r_primitives set to 2 already in my cfg :(

The device manager says all is updated no matter how old drivers you have :D Dont use that, but go to manufacturers site, search for the product and see if there is new drivers available. Check your gfx card what catalyst/driver version it has.

Here is your card drivers if you have win8 32 bits: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%208%20-%2032

And here for 64 bits: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%208%20-%2064