PC dont accept new RAM

naz

hey guys

like you maby new i brought myself cod ghost but faild to check that i need more RAM.

So i went to "saturn" today and broght me new one

Prolem now is, that my pc dont accept the new RAM: pc starts. like all the fans and stuff, but then "Click Clack Clack, Click Clack Clack, ..."

Just blackscreen.

I tried bios reset, but i dont realy know what and where to change things.

So my mainboard is : ASUS M4A77TD PRO

The old RAM is :   2x 2GB Kinston Hyper X DDR3

The new RAM is : 1x 8GB CnMemory DDR3 1333-240pin

new ram should be compatible to the mainboard

my computerknowledge is not very high so pls try to keep it as simple as possible ;)

pls help

thx

this is writen down in the manual of my mainboard :

"Memory : Dual-channel memory architecture   4 x 240- pin DIMM slots support max. 16GB unbuffered ECC and non ECC

DDR3 1800(O.C.) / 1600(O.C.) / 1333 / 1066MHz memory modules"

and on top of this maby because i changed some settings in bios ( i thought i put them back to standart )

i have massive frame drops in ET with my both old RAMs :S

Why did u only buy one stick? Always use sticks in pairs (dual channel: orange and black colored sockets) it gives small speed boost.

You can try switching the slots. Try running only the new one to know if ur mb even supports the brand. Also updating bios could help.

Page 1-12 

1.7.2 states you may install a maximum of 4gig dimms on each slot.

ahh ok so infact of one 8 gb it should work with two 4gb sticks?!

thanks alot mrM ill try it out tomorrow immediately

Why did u only buy one stick? Always use sticks in pairs (dual channel: orange and black colored sockets) it gives small speed boost.

You can try switching the slots. Try running only the new one to know if ur mb even supports the brand. Also updating bios could help.

i bought just one because im fokkin noob in this things and the 4gb ones wasnt avaliable anymore.

And i tried just the new one but didnt work probably becaue of the thing Mr just said :D

but big thanks to both of you anyway

what would i do without you guys (tm in gernal) :wub:  ;)

yup Mr is right ..

each of ur ram slots can only take up a maximum of 4GB ..

if u can have up to 16GB that means you have 4 slots (4x4gb = 16GB)

so i am afraid the ram you have bought is useless on your MOBO since its a 8gb stick

You need to send it back and order new ram .. make sure this time that they are only 4GB sticks

and also as mentioned above .. i was always told that its better getting ram in pairs ..

so if possible buy 2x4GB ram sticks

hope this helps :D

:D

yeah ill do that  ;)

good to know for the futur though ( :P )

now ill restart bios again and try to fix the things i changed and hopefully my framedrops will go :S

atm they are down to 15 sometimes,  IN ET !!!

Middling around bios can fry your pc or a single component, so unless you know what you change, don't :D

setting memory timings manually while they are not automatically detected correctly should not be an issue. Also check if your memory runs at required voltages. There is a chance you broke your old memory when trying to switch them. Check if your OS sees all the memory you have physically installed. Does the performance drop appear on desktop or with any other game or program you are using?