Goodbye YCN, Hello FragWise

MrMuppet

• Founders
Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to all of our current clients. Over the past 6 month we have experienced several attacks which severely inhibited the capability of our network and infrastructure leading to downtimes and several system failures. Following these events we have also had staffing changes which then have resulted in poor levels of support. Although there were external factors that had led to this, the main reason was due to my inability to dedicate enough time and resources to fixing the problems and attending to client requests for which I take full responsibility.

Following these events YCN is now no longer in a position to offer our clients the level of service that I feel they deserve. In addition following drops in sales YCN is also not in a position to maintain its hosting infrastructure.

I have therefore decided to permanently terminate YCN Hosting and all of its hosting infrastructure. This will come in effect on the 31st of January at which point YCN Hosting will cease to host all services.

At this point I would like to introduce FragWise (www.fragwise.eu), a new Game Server Provider who will be taking over a lot of services that YCN Hosting offers. FragWise will continue to host all remaining contracts which YCN Hosting will not be able to fulfil as well as allowing the use of existing clan pay credit. Furthermore FragWise will aim to maintain the same prices that are currently used on YCN Hosting. FragWise is actively developing their infrastructure to support all that YCN currently hosts and more however some services may not be available upon the initial migration and affected users will be notified shortly.

FragWise will be owned and operated by Paul van der Knaap, a good friend and colleague of both myself and YCN Hosting. Paul is heavily involved within game server management over the past several years, having done active development on Enemy Terrotiry itself with his release of version 3.00 as well as maintaining his own community project Trackbase. More recently Paul has been helping with the running of YCN where he could and has been a frequent contributor to our support. I believe that with him behind the wheel of FragWise, that he will be able to offer unrivalled service with as well as an innovative hosting platform that many providers would be envious of. 

We are currently working on simplifying the client transfer process to FragWise however to minimise the risk of any data loss we strongly urge clients to register on the FragWise website via the url: http://www.fragwise.eu/register and post a ticket requesting a transfer. You will then be assigned with a new server on their platform which you can start using straight away. Note that your old account and servers will remain accessible and online on YCN Hosting until Wednesday the 29th of January. This should give you adequate time to transfer your files and switch to your server at a time that suits you. We urge you to start moving your servers as soon as possible. 

Any clients with contracts that expire before February should contact FragWise as soon as possible if they wish to renew your services.

Unfortunately some downtime and transition is inevitable, as a result I would like you make you aware of the following:

Game Servers: IP addresses will be changed to 213.108.30.* range. Any services on the 213.108.31.* or 213.108.29.* will become available a week after the transfer for any clients that wish to switch back.

Voice Servers: The IP addresses and ports of all TS3 and Mumble servers will be changed to the 213.108.30.* range. The transfer will occur between 21:00-23:00 on Thursday 30th of January. We will attempt to preserve all configurations, users and files.

Websites: All webhosted clients should register on FragWise and contact support as soon as possible to keep web hosting services.

Again I would like to apologise to any clients that have received poor services from my-self over the past several month. I would like to assure you that with the hard work, effort and dedication that Paul has put into the previous projects that he has worked with, that you are definitely in good hands at FragWise.

I would like to thank all our clients for their custom and loyalty over the last 7 years and would like to wish you all the best with your futures at FragWise.

Regards

Evgeny Yakimov

Owner and Managing Director of YCN Hosting