TeamMuppet server IP addresses

• Founders

Just to clarify the IP's that belong to us are;

These are unique to us and no one else, any port number after those IP's relates to one of our servers, some servers may not be called TeamMuppet i.e baserace only but being on that ip address means it is ours, we do currently supply two other servers to another individual but these are still on these ip's.

All servers except etpro/ettv servers have two port numbers, such has;

ETPub server @ 109.70.149.28:27960 and 27930, the first being shown in the 2.60/b server browser and which 2.60/b client will connect through, the second is shown in the 2.55/6 server browser and is which the 2.55/6 clients will connect through.

Cheked the other TM servers. They are not even close to NOdownload server activity.

An idea - decrease the etpub server slots and redirect ppl to some other server?

I mean when it is 40 ppl it is so laggy that it is unplayable anyway.

There was a member-only topic where a similar idea was discussed - filling etpub #2 and then lowering etpub #1's and etpub #2's slots - of course that didn't work out at all. Even on map testing event etpub #2 didn't get completely filled. I'll just quote my post from that topic:

Please don't lower slots on main etpub even if the 2nd will get full, which I doubt (there will be 60-80 slots to manage, so 50-100% more than currently) - most of people like the current amount of them, otherwise it wouldn't get full every day and be top 5 in ET... If people want another alternative with less slots so they don't lag, that can be done without touching our main source/gold mine of players and activity in clan - simply lower slots in the 2nd etpub and these people will be able to play there (or in N!tmod/silent/etpro/etc. as you said) no matter what happens with 1st.

To compare - imagine a big supermarket. It's getting more and more crowded and some clients aren't happy because there is not enough resources for them. What would the company do? Build another big supermarket and then, if it gets active too, make both shops smaller? I don't think that's how marketing and PR work - usually a smaller shop is built next to the big and then, if getting crowded, it's made bigger too or another smaller shop is built (without touching the biggest one).

Moreover, I don't think redirecting people to another, empty server will make them stay in there and play with bots. Personally I'd just /disconnect after 10 seconds to find another crowded server without redirect, possibly from another clan (= often player loss as they may like that server more than our etpub and stay there instead).

So, if you want to help filling other servers, I'm sure there are better ways which won't harm our only really active place to play. Call people to play together in them, attend on all events there, etc. You'll see how hard it will be to gather more than 10 players regularly in current ET activity state.

Well atm if the main server is full it is just awaiting connection. No redirection.

I personally go to other servers when it gets full.

Is there anyone who doesn't lag with 40 ppl? If there is he must be lying :)

I'm with Random on this one.

From a pure objective point of view I would have to say that your Quote doesn't state any valid argument as to why we should not lower the amount of slots on the main server and redirect people to a second server.

To compare it with a supermarket, imagine one that's getting more and more crowded because their success is attracting more and more people which resulted in the supermarket having to allow more people inside than the building can handle (let's say they allow 40p out of a capacity of 30p). It would get so crowded that it would be almost impossible for their clients to move trough the supermarket, whilst they also burn trough resources faster then they can supply, leaving even the clients that have been patient enough to bare with the crowdedness unhappy. What would the company that owns that supermarket do? They would build another supermarket that has a similar size, so that they can spread the average amount of clients over the two buildings so that they can drop the maximum amount of people that they allow to a reasonable amount (let's say 30p), ensuring them of a smooth shopping experience. On an economic point of view, two similar sized supermarkets that individually have less clients but together have more then they could have before would generate more profit. So, at the end of the day, both the clients and the company would be happy.

This is not a personal stab, I hope we can discuss this in peace :)