Installing Windows on Mac

Ren

For Max users :)

Hey guys,

Im going to install Windows on my Mac, only for playing Wolfenstein. So, I think I will use boot camp. Is ok? And how many GB should I give to windows? Windows Xp will works fine? Or maybe is better windows 7? Again, is only for playing W:Et, nothing else more. I don't wanna give too much memory to Windows. Thx :D

rEn

I need ur help :)

I downloaded the ET:Legacy installer and also etlegacy binaries. I downloaded Wolfenstein ET and pasted the pak 0,1,2.pk3 in etmain folder: in Library/Application Support/etlegacy/etmain (etmain wasnt there, i created the folder).

I tried to run then ET:Legacy but it just not working (icon just jumps for 1 sec then disappears). So I tried to run it from Application/ET:Legacy/etl -> show package contents -> MacOS -> etl, but i have this screen:

post-1422-0-92139500-1456825522_thumb.pn

Nothing is working. Suggestions?
Edited by Ren

Did it: it didnt work. I asked on ET:Legacy forum. They told me that binary wont work on Mountain Lion, or some library was compiled with never binds (dunno what that it means xD ). So, I can update my osx or install Windows. But I'm not sure if I want to update Mountain Lion to El Capitan: I'm scared after updating, some apps won't run (I have a lot of cracked apps :pardon: ); I should do a backup anyway. Another solution is to try compiling ETL by myself, but I dunno how xD.

Edited by Ren

What OS do you use?

If you are on 10.6.x and below, then enemy territory should be able to install.

If you are on 10.7 and up, you need to either use ET:L or run trough simulator (crossover or parallels to name a few) or install windows on bootcamp but xp will not work since the hardware in newer macs won't accept older windows versions.

Ok guys,

I installed ET:Legacy on another Mac (Mavericks 10.9.5). ET now works, I can connect to the servers. But when I get shoot it crashes.

I tried to run ET doing Show package contents -> Contents -> MacOS -> etl, but it continue to crash. Lol every time there is always some problem.

Again, can u help me xD ?

Odd question but you have downloaded and installed the latest version of ET:L?

When I tried it a month or so back, it worked altho I had to start it from the package content and not double clicking the icon. I have OS 10.10.5

Btw didn't know TM had Legacy servers, but according to this page you got two --> https://www.etlegacy.com/servers

Yes, I downloaded the last one (2.74) and run it from package. But it continue to crash :(

Ok, I saw the server list. I will try. Are they populated? :)

Edited by Ren