Help needed

Gossamer

Ok here is my problem here in about 2 weeks I'm gonna loose my internet for a bit (moving) what i want to do is set up a server identical to your nq xp save server(with bots) on my lan so I can still play.I love ET too much to give it up LOL. I'm a complete noob at setting up servers only servers Ive ever had were Americas Army and those things are cake so any help would be much appreciated

Guest winston smith

mr muppet is your man :ugeek: , but hes very busy at the moment :cry: ...im sure he will help when hes back on soon!

it must be difficult for you to play against any TM members because of the time difference in Kentucky,what sort of times are you on then?

well i know a lil bit... U have to download Omni bot for sure because that is how the bots work.. I know how you could it set up but without the NQ mod.. 8-) but with i dont know.. But firstly download the omni-bot mod.. :idea:

Omni bot ok glad you said that i downloaded the bobot lol...And yes being here in Kentucky its hard to play with TM members Ive played with a few of ya but because of my work shift I'm mainly on between 3-6am est and like 2pm-4pm est...I honestly like like being the only human player in there sometimes that way i can vote past a map or vote for map restart and don't have to worry about making anyone mad LOL But yeah anytime Ive played against other TM members they pretty much but my butt in a sling :lol:

Hey if any of you want to add me to xfire my name is g0ssam3r

• Founders

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the TM forums.

I deal with Linux servers but windows are on the same principle, the best place to start is following a few links;

http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=No_Quarter_Mod

http://www.omni-bot.de/e107/news.php

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_territory/server_guide/index.html

These will give you the relevant downloads and lots of information on server set ups.

The best thing to do is try and start work on the server now then if you get stuck either post or email me, if it’s a question that is relevant to a windows installation then I will install a server on my home network to find the solution for you.

Cheers.

Guest winston smith
Omni bot ok glad you said that i downloaded the bobot lol...And yes being here in Kentucky its hard to play with TM members Ive played with a few of ya but because of my work shift I'm mainly on between 3-6am est and like 2pm-4pm est...I honestly like like being the only human player in there sometimes that way i can vote past a map or vote for map restart and don't have to worry about making anyone mad LOL But yeah anytime Ive played against other TM members they pretty much but my butt in a sling :lol:

Hey if any of you want to add me to xfire my name is g0ssam3r

ive heard the bots complaining you talk too much and keep changing the map when they are just enjoying it............... :mrgreen:

Yes i do vote for next map or restart level a lot when I'm in there alone at night sorry but i love some Base Race. Hey thanks for the point towards the right info mrmuppet .... Good grief thats a lot of stuff to go trough to play a game LOL.

• Founders

Have you tried running etpub? the same has is running on 85.234.149.101:27960, its alot easier to set up than noquarter and to be honest some of the extra's in it are better than noquarter, it also runs the latest omnibot where noquarter is way behind now.

Ok I'll try that my main issue is getting the .cfg file configured right since i want xp save forever and things of that nature I'm a complete noob BUT i have a friend thats gonna help me in that dept I think lol