this is weird

>rob><

my screen froze..... i had to restart comp.....then tried to go back onto server..... didnt let me connect kept counting....... then i checked gametracker,.... it says im still in the server......heres a screen shot.............. any ideas?

screenshot1.jpg

• Founders

Yes, server had crashed again, I have relayed the issue back to support so they can have a look at this, they said it was a corrupt start script but it looks a little more serious now.

One thing I dont want is for them to move the server to another system because we will loose the ip address that people know.

could it be coming from my comp to the server, because my comp has been acting strange, turning itself off in the middle of maps, freezing in maps, constant reloading of nade gun,............... and the last crash was when i turned up too...and kept trying to connect... not sure, but ive ran spybot cccleaner,virus scans,glary utilities,malware scans, updated drivers, installed sp3,hardware scans. all sorts........and didnt come up with much.... but ive been noticing wolfenstien has been acting funny with me............. here my total start script.

seta name "^p<=^1TM^p=><^1rob^p><"

seta sex "male"

//Controls ---

bind E "+forward"

bind D "+back"

bind S "+moveleft"

bind F "+moveright"

bind MOUSE2 "+moveup"

bind c "+prone"

bind Z "+sprint"

bind G "+activate"

bind t "+switchtoalternate"

bind Y "messagemode2"

bind v "+movedown"

bind TAB "+scores"

bind L "openlimbomenu"

bind H "+mapexpand"

bind A "+sprint"

bind . "zoomin"

bind , "zoomout"

bind ALT "stats"

bind CTRL "+topshots"

bind MOUSE1 "+attack"

bind MWHEELUP "+grenade"

bind MWHEELDOWN "+reload"

bind F1 "vote yes"

bind F2 "vote no"

bind F11 "screenshot"

bind F12 "record"

//Weapons

bind 1 "weaponbank 1; vstr resete"

bind 2 "weaponbank 2; vstr resete"

bind 3 "weaponbank 7; vstr resete"

bind 4 "weaponbank 4; vstr resete"

bind 5 "weaponbank 5; vstr resete"

bind 6 "weaponbank 6; vstr resete"

bind w "vstr nextw-bank23e; set nextw-bank56e vstr w-bank5e"

bind r "vstr nextw-bank56e; set nextw-bank23e vstr w-bank3e"

bind g "vstr quickengineer"

bind t "weaponbank 4; vstr resete"

bind q "weaponbank 1; vstr resete"

//Multiple-Weaponbind Script Weaponbank 3 and 4

set w-bank3e "weaponbank 3; set nextw-bank23e vstr w-bank2e"

set w-bank2e "weaponbank 2; set nextw-bank23e vstr w-bank3e"

set nextw-bank23e "vstr w-bank3e"

//Multiple-Weaponbind Script Weaponbank 5 and 6

set w-bank5e "weaponbank 5; set nextw-bank56e vstr w-bank6e"

set w-bank6e "weaponbank 6; set nextw-bank56e vstr w-bank5e"

set nextw-bank56e "vstr w-bank5e"

set resete "set nextw-bank23e vstr w-bank3e; set nextw-bank56e vstr w-bank5e"

bind KP_HOME "vsay hi"

bind KP_PGUP "vsay_team reviveme"

bind KP_5 "vsay_team iamEngineer"

bind KP_END "vsay_team needammo"

bind KP_UPARROW "vsay_Team coverme"

bind KP_DOWNARROW "vsay_team medic"

bind KP_LEFTARROW "vsay_team sorry"

bind KP_RIGHTARROW "vsay_team yourwelcome"

bind KP_INS "vsay_team incoming"

bind KP_DEL "vsay_team needbackup"

bind KP_PGDN "vsay thanks"

// Fireteam highlighter

set showteam "selectbuddy -2; set nextteamtoggle vstr hideteam; echo Team ^3Highlighted!!!"

set hideteam "selectbuddy -1; set nextteamtoggle vstr showteam; echo Team icons ^1hidden!!!"

set nextteamtoggle "vstr showteam"

bind INS "vstr nextteamtoggle"

seta sensitivity 6

set cg_atmosphericeffects 0

set r_intensity 1.2

set r_detailtextures 0

set r_fastsky 1

set cl_maxpackets 50

set rate 15000

when loading the script doesnt seem to have problems ...except some of the vsays dont work sometimes.

[quote name=>rob>

bind MOUSE1 "+attack"

bind MWHEELUP "+grenade"

bind MWHEELDOWN "+reload"

i use the same :D

[quote name=>rob>

set it to 25000

about the freezes and crashed of ET try to reinstal the game

but hold your etkey so you keep your adminlvl's and xp's on every server ;)

it is for the connection settings ;)

// Connection Settings: Cable/DSL - 256k and faster

rate 25000

snaps 20

cl_maxpackets 60

// Connection Settings: Cable/DSL & Dual ISDN - 128k

rate 15000

snaps 20

cl_maxpackets 60

// Connection Settings: Single ISDN - 64k

rate 7000

snaps 20

cl_maxpackets 30

// Connection Settings: 56k Modem

rate 4000

snaps 20

cl_maxpackets 15

thanks virus, ive saved etkey to data disk and will reinstall and i have a fast connection so will change that the setrate also,............ my comp is acting so bizzare, it keep shutting down, my internet speed has slowed down to a halt, with reported driver problems, fix those, then more problems happen........................some of my admin settings on my own comp have been blocked off to me, it keeps connecting to the internet by itself....... then on start up its comes up with a slightly diffrent windows xp picture screen that looks a bit worse than the original one, and when it shuts down it goes back to the nice looking xp load up picture, and says it has recovered from a serious error..and then after a while it happens agian........ well spent hours and hours trying to do everything i can to make it better.............seems the system is only getting worse.... and now my diagnostic scans and help menu's have been blocked off to me too.......... im not sure what is happining, but im going to do a whole sytem wipe....recovery.......and hope everything can go back to normal.......... if i dont post here by the end of the day................then its all gone tits up...........and the machine is on its way to the shops....... wish me luck lol :):):)

• Founders

Sounds very much like a dos attack, you should have tried an external scanner first before going for the reinstall, the first thing to have been bypassed would have been your anti virus.

Its always good to have a fresh install and get rid of all your clutter though.

after reading about dos attacks mrmuppet, it sounds exactly that was my problem, i didnt know of external scanners but if you could post a site to look up i would be very grateful, well its took me from my last post to this post to wipe clean and get the basics back, and machine and speed seem to be running lovely now :):) keep fingers crossed that this dont happen again. although i lost loads of data, i dont really mind to much, as gives me something to do to get it back, or play about with new tools and such............... now i have ( temporarily installed) avg antivirus, till i goto shop and buy a new one, and a few other bits like ccleaner, comodo firewall,mailwasher,recuva,spybot,glary utilities for a basic sercurity setup for the time being,...... and of course me poker lol :):) as me semi pro :P and vlc and utorrent for me films.............would like to know if you guys have any decent utility/video/audio/desktop/image/sercurity/diagnostic tools/ or any other wiked downloads for me too add.........as right now me comp looks bare lol and need to fill up space......also ive been looking around where to download full version of et and patches and maps, only looked for a second before coming on here, what is the best site to get these from?............

anyhows........glad today is over with gettin this sorted as i have square eyes now............ im hopeing the et key wont let me down, from what i can gather is after insatlation, i goto etmain folder, delete the etkey present and add my own etkey i have saved, i will wait for a responce before i do this, as i know if i mess up the key stuff i lose tonnes of xp and some admin levels and wouldnt want that to happen, also i heard if you mess this up, i wont be able to conect to the servers i play on at all, so please get back to me soon.

i.e: idiots guide to the etkey quiz in steps lol :P............

[quote name=>rob><]also ive been looking around where to download full version of et and patches and maps, only looked for a second before coming on here, what is the best site to get these from?............

i guess this is the site of the makers of the game :P

http://www.splashdamage.com/node/57

here choose full client and after that 2.60b guess u know this.. ;)