My config

Charlie

Ok so today I was just chatting away with people on Jaymod and resolutions come up. I always used 800 x 600 in game since Charlie was born, so decided to try something better. Best my laptop will allow is 1024 x 768, any higher I get some OpenGL error. But for the life of me I can't get it to stay on that resolution. I've tried editing it in the setting on the main main and on the server.

I've also tried editing/adding r_mode "-1" / r_customheight "768" / r_customwidth "1024" in my config but it still doesn't work.

When I went in to my configs, well ... *mind explodes* I have an autoexec.cfg which I made a while back inside etmain, and thought I was using, now I'm not so sure. I also have a different etconfig.cfg for every server profile including etmain on top of the autoexec.cfg.

I saved them elsewhere and edited and deleted things, trying to make sense of it all and lost all in game information on me (I turned in to ETPlayer, with no configs, guid, levels etc etc)

All I want is a better resolution to play with, but there's thousands of lines of configs and stuff I'm scared of losing my stuff for good xD Can anyone help me out in this? :s

I use Win7 64 bit if that's needed o.o

After customising resolution you need to do /vid_restart

Tried that. I lose my minimiser and it resets every time I load up a new client. Hence pointless having my minimiser which I find very helpful being a recruiter.

I'll link the countless etconfig things I have I guess then o.o

autoexec.cfg << my autoexec.cfg in the etmain folder

etconfig.cfg << my etconfig.cfg in the etmain/profile folder

etconfig.cfg << my etconfig.cfg in the Jaymod/profile folder

I'll just post these 3, all I care about atm is Jaymod.