How to close Jaymod radio voices ?

Dexter

I have the same anoying thing when I play on my mini-mac or laptop. I have tried to turn announcer off, but that doesn't stop those messages about dyno and such. As far as I know, there are no way to do that except perhaps get a better machine. When I now play on my new iMac, i suffer no such things anymore  :)

And this is an old game, you would think sound issues was a thing in the past hehe

My game still keeps freezing for a second every time radio says '' dynamite planted '' or something like that. Is there any way to close these messages ?

have the same, pls help :D

ET is CPU based game so what old CPU are you playing with? every modern cpu & decent config should run ET 

Oh but it runs...sometimes its even so good that i runs in maple syrup just to give them new machines a fair chance...  :P

ET is CPU based game so what old CPU are you playing with? every modern cpu & decent config should run ET 

i have a intel dual core and a 8700m GT graphic card, so i have definitely more than ET requires.....

but still my game stucks at every server based radio message for half second.... :( 

If I understood it correctly when I looked into it before christmas, it has something to do with internal sound chips witch when those sounds starts suddenly requires more resources. I would guess this is the case here too.

You could try reinstalling your sound device driver. If you have a integrated soundcard on your motherboard, you might need to reinstall your OS. //EDIT here: forgot to add, that this isn't the first time this has been a issue and reinstalling OS was the final cure for this, but keep it as final fix!

And who knows if VIRUS has lurked in your system :D Do a scan also.

If you have external soundcard, disable the motherboard sound device, these 2 together often cause issues.

Also try running et on 1 core only: run et -> press ctrl + alt + delete -> find et on running processes list and click mouse right button -> select "set affinity" -> uncheck cpu1 box (or vice versa).

hi smirre

what does this do    "Also try running et on 1 core only: run et -> press ctrl + alt + delete -> find et on running processes list and click mouse right button -> select "set affinity" -> uncheck cpu1 box (or vice versa)."

and when you say uncheck cpu1 box (or vice versa) is there another option other than cpu1

well it forces your pc to only use 1 core for ET, cause the game doesnt like 2 cores really!

you can also uncheck CPU 0 and let CPU 1 stay...

anyway, unfortunately it didnt solve my problem :/

Yes basicly it means run et on 1 core only. By default it is set to run with all cores. If i remember right cpu1 is what windows os uses, so better run et on some other then = less load, better performance.

@Jaden: Did you try reinstall audio driver? And also try cleaning your et folders from any not needed pk3 files, too much will cause issues, again IF i remember right.

Yes basicly it means run et on 1 core only. By default it is set to run with all cores. If i remember right cpu1 is what windows os uses, so better run et on some other then = less load, better performance.

@Jaden: Did you try reinstall audio driver? And also try cleaning your et folders from any not needed pk3 files, too much will cause issues, again IF i remember right.

That's what I keep reading on the internet, that too many pk3's in your ET folder will cause troubles... no one really specified which kind of troubles :P

in your et folders,  etmain, pub, jaymod, silent, etc etc there are pk3 files. some of those pk3 files are also named tmp files, they are unfinished files and need to be cleaned out from your folders. they conflict with the proper pk3 files. for example you are downloading a map, lets say as an example  adlernest. but during the download and before its finished your et crashes or you get disconnected. that file in your etmain is now adlernest tmp file. then you try again and this time it works. so you now have the correct adlernest pk3 file. the adlernest tmp file will conflict with the adlernest pk3 file. thus causing problems. keeping your folders clean and trimmed will mean less problems.