ET auto-muted when minimized (unselected)

serayha

Lately I've been doing things, mainly play runescape, with ETTV running on the side for watching. Unfortunately, as soon as I click away from the ET window the sound from it is gone. Sound is there when ET is in fullscreen, minimized, but as soon as I click somewhere else (aka select another window), ET mutes itself, and unmutes when I select (click on) it again. Is there any way around it? Because watching games without sounds is pretty boring lol. I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.

I've tried googling it, but I haven't found anything related to this problem yet. Looking at audio settings also gave me nothing; also tried forcing ET to "always stay on top". I'm not good with computers so I might be missing something very obvious here :(

PS If you don't understand what the problem is, imagine listening to music in a music player, and as soon as you open other window, say internet browser, music stops.

Thanks for ye help!

I don't think that's possible, at least keeping 2 applications' windows focused at the same time for sure isn't (which one would receive for example keystrokes then?). So you need to find a way to play the sound when the game window isn't focused, can't think a way to do it for ET (probably impossible too), no idea for other games, try to look in their options.

Got to agree on that. ET is a old game, which supports only that it runs somewhat reasonable way  :D

Cant think of anything else than the application side settings or somehow via windows "priority" settings, but i still think it is the application that handless these things (like youtube on browser, winamp etc...et isn't on that list?)

Get a second monitor and problem will be solved :D

I just can agree on the other posts. Windows is going for a another application so it mutes ET and ET goes in backround.

Found a way around this. Installed another Windows on a virtualmachine (with Virtualbox), so it runs it in a separate window, and it thinks that ET is in fullscreen and selected, so I get the sounds all the time. Thanks a lot Damien for this idea, it actually worked x)