Problems with ETPro :S

naz

hey guys

ive already gring this one to a couple of you

but here is official help request :) [AGAIN ;):sofa: ]

ok so here we go :

when i connect to pro [just pro !! all other mods work fine (pub, nit,jump, etc )] ill come on the server then it freez emidiatlely

I click with mouse, explerer/desctop mouse apears.

I click 2nd time game close and windows says: "ET.exe does not work anymore" .

On last try i just recognices in game befor freeze the message: |Paunkbuster Client : Warning : PB Kicks for Name Stealing    and non - standard Characters and Level 1 PB...|

then i cant reed any futher.

allready tried without any sucsess :

- delete etpro folder an download form server again

- Update PB

Problem with reinstall whole et is : im playin et from just the folder i installt somewhen else so its not installt on my pc .

The thing with installing et is that i got EVEN worther problems you dont wonna know ;)

The thing is that i already played etpro with this et-folder version. And i didnt change anything at all [i think :) ]

ok big text so big thanks if you read it

and even bigger thanks if you have a suggestion ;)

:umnik:

ps.: im playin on windows

• Founders

could try this

http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/topic/6050-fix-pnkbstraexe-pnkbstrbexe/

not sure it would work and maybe the reason its not working is because you haven't got proper install.

Here is full install with pb and etkey http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/files/file/21-wolfet-full-custom-install/ you can changed etkey with your though.

dont realy how to do this :P where do i find this Control panel

not sure it would work and maybe the reason its not working is because you haven't got proper install.

Here is full install with pb and etkey http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/files/file/21-wolfet-full-custom-install/ you can changed etkey with your though.

i did and old problems come back but still same problem with et pro :'(

are u using gun_frame ? 

Because it is buggy on etpro using vid_restart; so u hv to script it

what is gun_frame? what is vid_restart ? :P

Try this:

Type on console, before connecting to etpro server: seta logfile "1"

So next time you connect and your game crashes, goto your etpro folder and you should see "etconsole.log" file there.

Post it here and it should show the error message.

Put this in your etpro folder and exec it before going to the server: /exec naz.cfg

then enter server and see if there is the "etconsole.log"

ok ill try this today

When launching ET, make sure you're on the ETPro mod, and not some other mod ;) you can change that by clicking on mods

i did that couple of times (btw normaly i start  et with the program hlsw)

but also tried to join server with startin the game first

some weird issues:

1. a few years ago I used to work a lot with a little apps- HoverSnap, "it is a small screen capture utility that can capture the entire desktop, the active window or custom areas on the screen and save the image to JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG format." 

I noticed that when I run that app I couldn't play ETPRO (and only that mod) with PB Enabled (PB was kicking me with unknown reason)

2. lately (on a new one machine) a had similar problem (couldnt play on any ETPRO server except.. TM Cup servers :D), there was a one difference- no PB kick only my whole PC was freezed. And I found a source- another little app that I put in autostart- "I hate that key"

So maybe try to close/kill all not nesesery programs working in backgroud to avoid conflicts with 3rd party application?

k3tiv is right, the beloved and awesome anti-cheat software called PB can kick you for... anything, depending on its version and your system/software. Maybe also its mood.. On old PC I was regularly kicked for "Disallowed driver/program" or something like that and I still don't know what caused it. So turning off applications/killing processes before going on server may be a (bad and not worth messing with almost useless PlayerBlocker, imo) solution.

To make 100% sure (now I'm around 99%) that it's caused by PB, can you confirm that you can connect to other TM ETpro servers without PB? Any of the 3 at the bottom right: http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/page/servers.html

okok big news :D

so i shut down all prgrams in progess that i dont need (is there a possibility so check if there is a program runnin in the backround?!? to be abselut sure)

but still got kicked out of PUBLICpro server.

BUT!!

i tried what destroy said... and i CAN connect to the tm cup servers !!!! (also to the privat one)

As tomoyo said and also make sure your firewall isn't blocking the pb.

What comes with programs that start with windows:

press start - type run on search bar - press enter - type msconfig - press enter - you see a box, select programs tab and there is all programs listed that start with windows. Just be carefull, that you dont block some important programs!

• 3 weeks later...