Windows update

muddeh

Yesterday I found out that I have a big problem with Enemy Territory and some other issues in my laptop. Those problems, I think, started after the Windows update to Windows 8.1. My laptop is really slow and it constantly shutts-off it self. In ET my pring is rarely high sometimes and if I'm trying to shoot it has a certain delay. To sum it up ; impossible to play. 

Now I tried to recover my pc but there's no automatic recovery point. Laptop used to make recovery points automatically, those recovery points stood before an particular update. Now I tented to do a PC recycle (getting back to factory settings) but that was trouble aswell. It says that there are missing files to start a recycle. Those files should be available in the installation or recovery - medium of Windows but I have no clue what that supposed to mean.

Help me?

Have you tried googling "how to role back from 8.1 to 8"? I'm a bit short on time at this moment so i can't research it for you, it sounds very strange that the update made things so much worse for you tho :O

like maddy and me allready said... get back to win7 ;):D

when i remember correctly you bught the laptop with win7, so you should have an recovery cd or somethin like that.

sry that i cant help wou with win8.

its just on my tablet and im still not warm with it  and not a big friend of it :D

clean it, then check the temps with speedfan. if its not the temps, maybe a driver problem? hardware malfunction would be a possible too.

if you cant find any recovery entry, the installation didnt finish correctly as far as i know. or you deactivated it (which isnt by default)

heres what i found regarding to downgrading v8.1

If you are eager to take advantage of Windows 8.1′s new features, hold on for a moment. You can not roll back the upgrade and return to Windows 8 in case you do not like it! The only way you can “downgrade†from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8, is if you prepared a system image before you upgrade.

backing up your files and reinstalling your OS with the Recovery-disc seems your only option.

EDIT: there seems to be an option in the control panel, where u can run games on v8.0. http://www.giyf.com ;)

you will need to find your driver pack for the lappy you're using but I do a total system wipe and re-install windows 7.. start a new and all works great. 

make sure you are not using more than 1 virus/ad/thingy as that can fuck with the system. 

The biggest clue that your laptop is not running at an ideal temperature is if you're experiencing any symptoms of overheating. But most laptops naturally run hot, so a system utility that can access your laptop's internal temperature sensors can help you decide if you need to take steps to cool your laptop down further.

You can look up temperature specifications for your specific laptop's Intel or AMD processor, but most CPUs' maximum temperatures are around 100° Celsius (212° Fahrenheit). Before you get to that upper limit, though, your laptop will likely have all sorts of performance problems and may be shutting down randomly on its own. Optimal operating temperature is 50° Celsius (122° Fahrenheit) or below, according to the SpeedFan temperature monitoring program, though newer processors may go comfortably higher to around 70° Celsius (158° Fahrenheit).

Sources: Intel, AMD, Kioskea.net

If I check speedfan ; the temps of my laptop (Temp1, GPU and Core) are around 50C if I only have chrome opened. When I start some other programs ; Spotify and Word for example temps rising up towards 70C 

*Correction 80C (that's not good is it?)