no mac address

wunderbar

I don't know why I have no mac address .When I played on tm server,  I got ton of kicks from tm members or auto kick.  That's extremely annoying.  Please help me track down the problem  and eliminate it . Thanks in advance!!!

operating system : win7

network :pppoe

et version : 2.55 or 2.60

in et ,/mac says 00:00:00:00:00:00

Hello and welcome to the forum!

try to follow this steps below and please, let us know if its working for you or you still have problems...

For linux:

Try this from a terminal:

ifconfig

Your MAC address is the one after HWaddr. If it is 00:00:00:00:00:00 I think something is wrong with either the hardware or the driver.

If you somehow erased your MAC-address from the network settings you can get it back by writing this in the terminal:

1. sudo lshw > lshw.txt

2. write password when prompted for it

this takes approximately 20 seconds.

3. gedit lshw.txt

Now you are looking at a list of all your hardware. But we only want the networking specs. Do a search for "network". A couple of lines under that line, there should be a line like this:

serial: 01:21:ee:de:01:11

Only your numbers will be different. This is the MAC-address. Copy that address, and paste it into the network settings. Then you should have restored your original MAC-address.

for windows users:

1. click on start and type cmd (or run command promt as Administrator)

2. type command: ipconfig /all

3. try to search for line with name of your network device (should be smt like Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection and etc)

and  look at Physical Address (MAC) ... it must be smt like 6C-11-14-E2-BC-D8 (simply different then 00-00-00-00-00-00)

4. if you see that your MAC (physical address) is filled by zeros, try to update your network drivers (or chipset drivers).

5. if your MAC is correct and you still have problem in game,  be sure that you not using any type of proxy!

6. if your problems persist, ask us, we can help you with specific SW that allowing to change your MAC

...and also try to check your et/etpub version (should be 2.6b) - i remember that old client was quite bugy sometimes...

First of all , thank  Eagle_cz . I'm too busy recently to reply immediately. Sorry about that

My physical address is simply normal,not 00:00:00:00:00 by ipconfig/all.

I also reinstall my network hardware driver.But it persists the same 00 mac address by typing /mac in game.

Then I replace et 2.55 to 2.60b,but it still doesn't work . I can't believe  I 'm the first man in et encountering that stuff, is that true?

By the way, this website's pretty. I wish someday I will be one member of your family , or even true friend . I will try to run et under linux to see if it's my os configuration prolem.

Thank again Eagle!

Eagle your post here.. make it a general post for all 00.00.00.00 mac addresses. 

@wonderbar how come sometimes you have Chinese flag and other times its a USA flag.

the guys 's right, proxy. When I first saw your name ,I have an idea that you may have watched the movie. Now it turns out