ET quits when changing graphic settings

sh1sha

hey muppets,

i have some trouble changing the graphic settings (low--> high) since some couple of weeks. ET starts always in low settings and when I try to change it to high settings it quits/closes the whole game but the brightness-setting will stay in windows (=everythings much more brighter, like in ET)....

maybe somebody has an idea what to do. In general i always wanted to make an own config, but even 10 years after starting playing ET I don't have one :D

thx 4 ur help :drinks:

on the moment you crash, do you see this little ET box with command line? Can you post this lines. It can be due to multiple reasons. You say when you put it on high, you mean you exec a cfg file? Or you change it in ET ? 

Honestly I dont have any config since about 10 years playing ET, not a pro but I still have my fun. So I changed resolution in ET, didnt exec a config-file. Screen goes to Windows and no failure or other et-windows is displayed.

Maybe creating a config file would be the best solution, but I'm scared that it takes too much time.

• 2 weeks later...