How can I map on a mac

Strelok

I have made some great maps that are used frequently on servers for a game called Nexiuz using Net-Radiant however while it is the same thing as GtK-Radiant, its only for mac. I dont know how to install game packs, and I dont think that Netradiant would even support ET, is there any other map app for mac I can use to map for Wolf-ET?? Thanks!

I think I'm gonna use wine and map through that... Anyway Gtkradiant does have a build for mac called MacRadiant but it doesn't work, for me at least. I tried googling but nothing came up, I also tried converting .map, .lin, and .bak to pk3. which didn't work

I think I'm gonna use wine and map through that... Anyway Gtkradiant does have a build for mac called MacRadiant but it doesn't work, for me at least. I tried googling but nothing came up, I also tried converting .map, .lin, and .bak to pk3. which didn't work

wait what?? converting .map to .pk3??? a .pk3 file is just a zip file containing the .bsp, .map, texture and some other files

Hmmm... Okay, but I found another solution, I did some script changing in the macradiant build and It works for me now, While I can open it up and it works just fine (I assume,) I have no textures except for the "shader not found" or notex, now I need some textures... where is the file that has all the shaders and textures?

Okay, so if I have a bunch of texture files, pak0.pk3, or such (Are those texture files?) Where would I put them to show up in Mac-Radiant??

Also the MacRadiant camera sucks, so I can barley see what I'm doing...

And, MacRadiant while it will map for wolfenstein, I dont know where it saves my maps, and the maps wont load on wolfenstein, when I do "/map test1

can't find maps test1 maps/test1.bsp

Well, I've never worked with mac-radiant, but in linux (and windows), during install it asked for the directory where ET was installed. After that, new maps would be automatically added in the etmain directory.

Maybe you should try downloading and compiling GtkRadiant yourself? Sources can be found @ https://github.com/TTimo/GtkRadiant

Mapping with macradiant is a pain, I have the "source code" for Gtk-radiant, with the link you gave me, but I dunno what to do with it. Harald, Is there some way I can turn my maps in to .pk3's? That would be nice, THanks you

iirc gtkradiant does that for you. A .pk3 file is nothing more than a zip file, so it just bundles all the files necessary for the map. Open some other map.pk3 with 7zip (or any other zip program) and check out the structure. Map .pk3 files should contain a .map file, a .bsp file, sound files, texture files, .script files.

To compile gtkradiant, install scons, and run scons in the directory where youve downloaded gtkradiant, but if youre not used to compiling programs yourself youre gonna need a lot of google.

There is a program somewhere that allows you to pack your own .pk3 files, i guess all you need are the correct files that are needed to put within

.bsp, .map, texture and some other files

But harry knows way more 'bout this then me ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any other files other than the .map file, where can I find (If I even have them,) these files? I unzipped snatch.pk3 and I found the main map file snatch3.bsp however I couldn't open it up with my NetRadiant, I've given up on MacRadiant because I can't see what I'm doing with the terrible camera, this is really annoying...

Any help?? Or is mapping with mac just out of my reach?

• 2 weeks later...

.bsp are formats that are opened only with programs and when you finish maping compile to .pk3 and put in etmain folder to run the map do in console /devmap yourmapname (without.pk3)

Hope it works and you become good mapper :D

Greetz,

Dies