Missing Files

Charlie

Over the last few days I haven't been able to automatically download missing .pk3 files whilst in game. For example a new map on Jaymod, an update on our Blight, or any different none TM server where I don't have their menus/maps. It's a pain in the ass trying to find every single missing file on the net.

I have a feeling it started when I changed my config a little about a week ago but I can't be certain. I have PB enabled / I'm running the client in administrator / I've disabled my firewall and tried. Any ideas?

cl_allowdownload 1?

You sir. I love you thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have to do every time I need to download a new file then after the file is done it kicks me off server saying invalid pk3 files referenced :s

I added them 2 lines into my config, loaded the game, /exec my config and double checked pb. Then tried to go onto our etnam server. I don't have the map it was on or the mod downloaded so figure it be good place to try. I keep getting the missing files error.

Any other suggestions? :s

Only have 1 config inside the etmain folder? Idk very much about this stuff - just made 1 with a cfg builder thing, named it what it said to, and put it where it said to :X

Do I need to put it inside all the different mod folders too?

Ok so I went to copy and paste my config when I noticed something. In the middle of everything I had seta cl_allowDownload "0" as well as seta cl_allowDownload "1" I had just added. Don't think I could ever be a tech support guy :P Thanks all for helping, but my idiocy knows no bounds xD

:D

It's a very common error. Also for server cfg's.

If you are in doubt, open your cfg, press ctrl+F and let the "Find"-function search for duplicates of the line you want to add.

If your cfg is in etmain and it is called "autoexec.cfg" then it will get executed every time you open ET (Provided you don't run any extra commands upon startup).

It will only auto-execute when the autoexec.cfg is in the etmain folder.