update spawn killing rules

MABRUN

• Founders

[a little OT]

..and make a clear rule about shoting mortar to axi bunker in battery- there are still differences in views about it, even by TM members ;)

I was going to make a topic regarding the mortar and suggest we remove it from certain maps or from certain teams on certain maps i.e allies on Oasis, this map seems to have been spoilt by the shooting of the mortar into the axis spawn because it is catcherable and then onto the guns because FF is not enabled, its a win win situation again for the allies. If people have suggestions regarding this then please post.

I was going to make a topic regarding the mortar and suggest we remove it from certain maps or from certain teams on certain maps i.e allies on Oasis, this map seems to have been spoilt by the shooting of the mortar into the axis spawn because it is catcherable and then onto the guns because FF is not enabled, its a win win situation again for the allies. If people have suggestions regarding this then please post.

+1

I think this is an great idea, this evening i will think about more maps that have this mortar "problem" .

Agree with above. Could as well disable arty/airstrike, because if both are fired correctly at the same time by 2 fdops, they can destroy the whole enemy team. A good use of flamer may kill everyone camping near objective. Well-teamplaying medic can revive 5 guys in a row and win a map that way. Etc.

So is mortar a part of tactic and doesn't always work out depending on both teams and the player who uses it. If Allies are attacking backdoor in battery but noone is buildng ramp, where the mortar fires, it's actually more useless than useful for Allied. Same goes for other maps. It really depends on situation and teamplay, not on the weapon itself.

I see nothing wrong with mortaring the AT-guns on Oasis. Axis should send someone behind enemy lines.

Maybe get one of those spawn-protection scripts instead of disabling it. Lots of players will start crying (I will do it in silence) if you disable it.

Also consider that if someone like Chelsea or harald is on the mortar, well then they aren't out there medic'ing or riflenading.

• Founders

The different between mortar and panzer and flammer, you see them coming you can't see the mortar, you can also shoot at them. Yes smurfer you can send someone behind  to kill him by the time you find if you find him the game is over because axis can't get in to the gun. 

I think the mortar on the flag on oasis is more of a problem than at the gun this we shouldn't allowed, there is no way out so how can you go and kill him?

I disagree, Mini. :)

You can not see a panzer or flamer if he is hiding on the roof or at the MG.

You get out before your spawn-invulnerability wears off.

I think spawn-protection scripts would be ideal for TM.

I'm talking about the ones that put a "roof" on spawns.

I agree it's not easy to shoot mortar, but why even bother? It won't change anything except +1 kill. You should try to avoid it instead by defending a bit further, which is easier than avoiding flamer for me at least, especially camping Axis flamers. 

one more word about that bloody weapon- when I started playing on TM server I was suprised that mortar has so much power and  dmg radius, maybe instead of removig it from map you should change g_dmgMortar and/or g_dmgMortarRadius settings to much lower value?

Agree with above. Could as well disable arty/airstrike, because if both are fired correctly at the same time by 2 fdops, they can destroy the whole enemy team. A good use of flamer may kill everyone camping near objective. Well-teamplaying medic can revive 5 guys in a row and win a map that way. Etc.

So is mortar a part of tactic and doesn't always work out depending on both teams and the player who uses it. If Allies are attacking backdoor in battery but noone is buildng ramp, where the mortar fires, it's actually more useless than useful for Allied. Same goes for other maps. It really depends on situation and teamplay, not on the weapon itself.

agreed!

In real life you don't have syringes which make you alive and fit, you can't pick up packs with your legs and shooting your mate with panzer would result in his quick death. So I don't see how this is related to the ET mortar discussion at all. But while we're at it - you could use maths and physics to hit your target easily, not to mention coordinates and technologies like radars.

In real life you don't have syringes which make you alive and fit, you can't pick up packs with your legs and shooting your mate with panzer would result in his quick death. So I don't see how this is related to the ET mortar discussion at all. But while we're at it - you could use maths and physics to hit your target easily, not to mention coordinates and technologies like radars.

Or just a simple observer, as the field op class for instance :)

A simple solution is to use protective barriers like Smurfer suggested, or to lower the amount of damage it does. After all, mines got reduced... *cough cough*

On a lighter note, think I have played with more TM since I started playing with crossover and on pub then I have done before :D

In real life you don't have a map that instantly show the place you shoot mortar.

in real life is much worse then you think...trust me. 

on topic: mortar on oasis axis spawn definitely to be removed <_< dont mind the mortar shooting at guns tbh

Never really seen mortar as a problem. Just ran by if someone shoot there (spawnshield). If spawnshield gone away wait till one hits ground then run. Common sense.

In real life you don't have a map that instantly show the place you shoot mortar.

Nowadays most of them do show the place to shoot. Just point a place from map and press shoot. Machine calculates the angles and which cartridge is needed. Of course if you use 10 years old tech then no but who uses that anyways (poor finns).

dont mind the mortar shooting at guns tbh

You should try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRtpYYWHkfQ#t=116

Used the clock when I played with mortar, back in my heydays. Amazing how accurate it can be :)

For that matter its the same with arty and airstrike, there is a loop hole in gold rush. Time the airstrike correctly, toss it on the bridge and keep facing the canister and you blast the axis team to kingdom come hehe...and since it was tossed on the bridge, and not at axis spawn, its not SKing... *innocent whistle* :sofa: