No Objective Status Sounds + Choppy gameplay

f!re

I've been playing on the No Download server for quite a while but I recently got some strange issues with the game. 

1. The voice notifications for objectives no longer play. For example when an engineer plants dynamite you should hear a voice say "dynamite planted" but I no longer get that. The same happens when bunkers are captured, or tanks are repaired etc.. I don't get those voices any more. I still get the normal sound fx and I can still hear voices from other players using the "v" command - it's just the objective voices no longer play. 

2. Choppy gameplay.. The game has become very choppy only on the TM server. If I play on other servers it's OK but on the TM server the game is choppy as hell - it's actually unplayable. It's not lag as such because the FPS is still constant, but the player graphics are very choppy - it's like the game is skipping multiple frames so it's virtually impossible to play with any accuracy. 

Any ideas?  :mellow:

Hello fire and welcome to the forums.

As i tried to help you already and i take none of that did any good, so you should either try to delete the etpub folder (save cfg first) or reinstall the game, we have full installer on downlads section, including minimizer and pb files.

Also if you want you can show your cfg and we can take a look if there is anything wrong with it.

For the choppy game, have you scanned your pc for viruses and malware etc? If not , use malwarebytes antimalware free program, it is good, you might have few trojans that cause hopping.

Hi Smirre, thanks for the welcome and info. I did try reinstalling the game to a different folder (still have the old install in original folder too) but the problems are still occurring with the TM Server. When I try other servers I don't get the choppy gameplay, it's only in the TM server. It looks sort of like really bad lag but the FPS stays at a constant rate. 

I think the problem is server-specific, not sure if it might have something to do with the new maps? - Although I should clarify that it happens on all maps. 

• Founders

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The first thing to do as spammed many many many times to yourself and Poxycat on the server SET YOUR RATE

Open your console ` key above TAB and type;

/rate 25000

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The first thing to do as spammed many many many times to yourself and Poxycat on the server SET YOUR RATE

Open your console ` key above TAB and type;

/rate 25000

I'm sure I've tried that before but I'll give it another go now.. Have to head out in a sec though

@MrMuppet That actually seems to have helped the choppy problem this time, thanks for the info. I think last time I messed with the rate command was about 3 years ago so I forgot about that. There were other commands as well which escape my memory now but they're supposed to improve performance. 

Any idea why the objective sounds aren't working though? It's strange playing without them, sort of takes away from the enjoyment of the game. 

I'm using the config copied over from my original ET installation, it's not the default. I copied it over because I thought I needed it for XP..

fire do these work on all other mods? you said you reinstalled your et, do you use default config or have you got a different one?

• Founders

no the only thing you need for your xp is your etkey which is in your etmain folder. i would delete your config and make new one just incase the issue was caused before you reinstalled your et. If its only etpub then delete your etpub config.

no the only thing you need for your xp is your etkey which is in your etmain folder. i would delete your config and make new one just incase the issue was caused before you reinstalled your et. If its only etpub then delete your etpub config.

That did it! Thanks MiniMuppet, problem solved.  B)

• Founders

Maybe a bit off topic, but can't Rate and other settings be force-set'd like they can on pro servers?

We did force rate but players with good connections complained because we set the rate at 25000, we tried the IN value but that did not work.