help please

ok, if I understand you correctly, you want to play offline without server (on the internet). Its possible to do it, but its also so complicated. You need to set-up you own server on your pc and also you need to connect to this server localy. In deep it means standard server setup but with option in server config file (server.cfg) set dedicated "1" (1 means LAN 2 means internet) .. also you need to run it like separated process but its also little bit complicated.

Mate, why you want to run you own server with bots and locally and dont want to play on internet servers ? Do you have specific reasons for it ?

btw. if you need help with it, i am able to help you but also i need more details - and start with hw configuration incl. OS type what you want to use...

hmm... think that you want to fight with mosquito with cannon :sofa: ... m8 ... also i think it cold be easyer to find right reason why you have laggs and dont waste your and my time with conf of new server ... So, what type of conn to the internet you have ? are you able to post your traceroute to google dns server at IP 8.8.8.8 and also to etpub.teammuppet.com ?

thank you

Eagle is right, you're trying to overkill here. Try to find the cause of your lag, it's way easier, not to mention the fun human enemies are instead of bots.

You can devide the most common reasons of lag into two categories:

1. Computer issues: Your computer is trying to run Wolfenstein: ET, but it's not able to run it smoothly. Try closing any programs you don't need while playing ET (Internet browsers, other games, recording software, music players, skype or other messengers, ...). If your computer is a bit outdate (there's no shame in that, don't worry), your can try setting your ET configuration to use less resources of your computer (by lowering the graphic quality for example), there are many people here who can help you with that.
  2. Network issues: You are trying to connect to a server trough the internet, but your connection to that server isn't very good. Try closing any programs that are downloading things (torrents, music, ...), or streaming things (youtube, ...). If you are connected via wireless connection, try moving closer to the source or try using a cable. If there are other people using the same local network (brothers or sisters), ask them if they are downloading something and if they are tell them to stop it.

There are of course many other things you can do and try to fix lag issues, but of the top of my head these seem to be the most common ones :)

• 2 weeks later...