Saturation

Charlie

During some snow maps, like Fueldump and I think Ice, the snow is so bright to the point I can't play any more. It stands out like a sore thumb compared to everything else, but maps like Frostbite are perfectly fine. Is there something I can do to make the snow less saturated without effecting overall brightness?

You can turn the snow off altogether. Unfortunately I can't remember how but maybe someone here with a better memory can help you! It makes the map run much smoother for me, might work out the same way for you :)

create a autoexec_et_ice.cfg and write down "seta r_gamma x" and "seta r_overbrightbits x" (x = a value you need to test) and "vid_restart". Just exec your default config after the map so you have normal settings.

create a autoexec_et_ice.cfg and write down "r_gamma x" and "r_overbrightbots x" (x = a value you need to test) and "vid_restart". Just exec your default config after the map so you have normal settings.

where would that cfg have to be placed? Etmain? Etpub folder?

Yes place in etmain so you can exec your config on other mods too. I added "seta" on my post just to be sure you know what I mean :)

Ups had a typo on the second command too. Additional you can add "seta r_mapoverbrightbits x"

Mapoverbrightbits is the brightnes of the map (ground/world stuff) while overbrightbits is more about all stuff.

Take a look at "r_ignorehwgamma "0|1"" if nothing changes if you do change these commands. Could be the reason ET is using your dektop values.

More infos: http://antman.info/wolf/cvar/#.U7sWk7H7Fpg

roverbrightbits.jpg

rmapoverbrightbits.jpg

For a lazy ppl:

bind F9 "vstr bindswitch"
set bindswitch "vstr binds1"
set binds1 "exec scrimbinds.cfg; echo ^wExecuted scrimbinds; set bindswitch vstr binds2"
set binds2 "exec binds2.cfg; echo ^wExecuted binds2; set bindswitch vstr binds3"
set binds3 "exec binds3.cfg; echo ^wExecuted binds23; set bindswitch vstr binds4"
set binds4 "exec binds.cfg; echo ^wExecuted binds1; set bindswitch vstr binds1"

Lets say there is snow maps that you do a different cfg's, so with this bindscript you can easy scroll beetween your cfg (the one you use on normal maps)  and the mapname cfg's (f.e. snow maps). Example:

bind F9 "vstr bindswitch"
set bindswitch "vstr binds1"
set binds1 "exec smirre.cfg; echo ^wExecuted smirre cfg; set bindswitch vstr binds2"
set binds2 "exec fueldump.cfg; echo ^wExecuted fueldump cfg; set bindswitch vstr binds3"
set binds3 "exec frostbite.cfg; echo ^wExecuted frostbite cfg; set bindswitch vstr binds4"
set binds4 "exec ice.cfg; echo ^wExecuted ice cfg; set bindswitch vstr binds1"

He's talking about the snow on the ground I reckon.

So if one would be lazey to execute his default cfg again, one could make a cfg for every map?

You can make a cfg for every map. You can pretty much make a cfg for anything you like, i.e. sniper cfg, turn on/off brightness etc. The only limit is how nerdy you wanna be :D