1920x1080 and general optimizing

Kiyo

Got a new pc but none of my old settings....

first of all, how can I use my native resolution without ET crashing? [1920x1080]

secondly, as I've got a pretty good pc now I want to be able to play in the highest quality, any settings so that ET looks a lot better graphically? :D Heeeeeeelp!

first of all, how can I use my native resolution without ET crashing? [1920x1080]

secondly, as I've got a pretty good pc now I want to be able to play in the highest quality, any settings so that ET looks a lot better graphically? :D Heeeeeeelp!

Well, there are lots of high quality configs avalaible here: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/40378-highest-lowest-quality-configs/

Also you can just set all settings high manually from main menu and it does give you very nice quality. Follow this guide to have native 1920x1080 resolution on ET: https://binaryimpulse.com/2013/09/running-wolfet-at-native-1920x1080-resolution-on-windows/

Also some code: set r_mode "-1" // -1 = custom

set r_customWidth "1920" // Screen Width

set r_customHeight "1080" //Screen Height

not sure about the reso thing but to better graphics:

r_picmip 0

r_roundimagesdown 0

r_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR

r_subdivisions 1

r_lodcurveerror 1000

r_lodbias -999

r_depthbits 32

r_texturebits 32

r_colorbits 32

then ofc just as high reso as possible and brightness dark enough, then it looks pretty good.

Dont forget r_displayrefresh "yourscreenmaxgoeshere" and if you have a Ati card r_primitives "2" if you get low fps, dont know if this is fixed yet.

Primitives not fixed, though the cvar does a good job

• 3 weeks later...

R_picmic 0 can cause problems, some custom maps have to high res textures.. usually the sky.

Well just to know if it gets lagy :D. Else yes gives better quality.

R_picmic 0 can cause problems, some custom maps have to high res textures.. usually the sky.Well just to know if it gets lagy :D. Else yes gives better quality.

I can play perfectly with it =) also have the sky visible

• 2 weeks later...