Boon

Today Lost pointed out a player Boon. In the game, very sus, seems to have very good reflexes for people coming from around corners, sees people very far at very difficult angles, sometimes chooses targets weirdly to me. Their info attached.

Here is original dm_84 demo file on Google Drive.

Here is a Youtube video I made of most sus moments.

Timestamps are in time of YouTube video, not map time:

Very beginning - shooting through smoke. Possible lucky guess, it's a common place for axis to shoot from (through both doors to card room)

0:25 - finding Pedro very easily in smoke early, hits a lot later in the same smoke. seems half random, half sure of the shots

1:10 - not sure if he could actually see Magg there, game was pretty quick, I struggled to see anything even when slowed down (smoke and/or wall in line of sight)

1:26 - runs to the window (he spent several respawns there), lands a hit and hs, then changes to arty can. weird decision, I don't see any reason to stop shooting someone who isn't shooting back and I got good hits on them

boon.png

Edited by Cyber
Added demo file link

one thing i notice after he is revived in first clip he instantly aims perfectly through the doorway completely covered by smoke shooting player behind wall then realises no hits so stops and goes to shoot smoke

Very beginning - shooting through smoke. Possible lucky guess, it's a common place for axis to shoot from (through both doors to card room)

With cg_muzzleFlash you can see where enemy is shooting from but after revive maybe he remembered the spot.

0:25 - finding Pedro very easily in smoke early, hits a lot later in the same smoke. seems half random, half sure of the shots

Looks sus yeah, even headshotting him. Overall that spot is good to shoot at even randomly.

1:26 - runs to the window (he spent several respawns there), lands a hit and hs, then changes to arty can. weird decision, I don't see any reason to stop shooting someone who isn't shooting back and I got good hits on them

Well tbf, whole match he had "Insufficient air support" because he was competing against Yolo's fops :D So probably just tried to spam airstrike as much as possible.

I noticed that in demo at around 4:30 some suspicious targeting through smoke, locking to head.

Otherwise not sure. He plays like a skilled player and some things might be explained with a good visibility config. Are there configs with better visibility through smoke? Muzzleflash helps obviously. Also you can make players shine brighter (Bobika config). And m00f's config says that you can see blood splatter through smoke (haven't tested). I also wonder if you can make the smoke itself somehow more transparent.