Etpub server

MiniMuppet

• Founders

Very disappointing, we moved that server to gameservers.com because of their reputation of reliability and they are letting us down of a few counts now, at the moment an alternative server is running, just connect to etpub.teammuppet.com or nd.teammuppet.com

The server is on our dedibox so has unlimited resources, it is currently busy so all the redirects we have it place seem to be working.

• Founders

There still seems to be issues at the end of maps when the server is busy with the server hanging, I have, yet again, contacted gameservers, for, firstly an explanation for the five and a half hours downtime and also to increase the system resources to eliminate the issue we have at map change.

• Founders

Just purely out of interest, is there any reason you guys are not placing the server on a dedi-box? It should be cheaper and easier to manage.

Two reasons really, we wanted to keep the server in a central position for the whole of Europe, that's why we kept it in the NL and moved to Gameservers.com, the other reason was, as you have seen today, we didn't want to keep all our servers with the same host just in case incidents like this happen, though I am beginning to wish I had moved it to the dedibox with the resources we have there available. 

• Founders

Reply;

Hello,

The machine had a memory related issue which is what was fixed.  I saw a large inbound spike (which was then stopped) around the time you mentioned the issue persisted.  It is difficult to tell if it is related, but things appear to have been clear going forward.