Random Bluescreens ( BSOD )

naz

hey yo guys

i have a problem with random bluescreens.

It started with one like 2-3 month ago. and since like 2-3 they become more frequently. now they come everytime the pc is on.

But still very randomly. They come when i play or just when the pc is on and im doin other stuff ( not at the pc ).

I checkd all if all drivers are up to date, what they are (unless some mouse and keyboard drivers but no importent one).

Gonna format my pc soon anyways.

But somefirend of mine said it could be that my harddrive is damaged. So a fromatation would help on that problem.

I tried to check it ( rightclick on the harddrive - tools - check for errors) but obvioulsy it doesnt work while the system is running from it.

How can i check itthen ??

and do you have another idea how the fix my problem

You guys helpd me alot in the past <3 i hope this wont be an acception :)

Thanks allot anyways

and happy halloween (even if we in bremen dont selebrate it :D )

Check if your PC is full of dust, if it is - remove the dust. Sounds like overheating.

yeah, and also it could be memory problem ...

important steps:

1. try to run fkdsk as Minty described before

2. also check your pc - connectors and etc and do what ailmanki told you (clean dust)

3. check windows logs (errors and etc BEFORE BSOD)

4. turn on BSOD dump file and check this dump (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html)

5. describe more details about BSOD (what is EXCACTLY described on BSOD) - try to create screenshot (with mobile phone for example)

also give to us some details, when BSOD appears ... (for example after USB stick was plugged in and etc)...

If you have bsod, just reinstall windows, at some point that comes haunting you if you manage to fix it temporary.

sorry, must little disagree with this... lot of work and i am not sure if it will help you ...

there is way - msconfig - but its really IMPORTANT to find right reasons why you've got BSOD ...