Lost my guid for 1 specific mod?

Charlie

I played Silent at the event fine - had my level 9 and my xp gained over the week being there. I then came to pub and found I was level 0 and no xp. I still have my level and xp on our beginners too. It's like my guid for pub has changed.

Wtf could have happened? xD I've not touched any of my ET files outside of copy/paste my etkey to tb like Mr suggested in that other thread. If I somehow fucked my etkey I would have lost all level and xp everywhere right?

Ok so ...

My etkey inside etmain is different to the one Mr has pm'd me.

The etkey I saved to TB instead of opening normally opens up my Mass Effect 2 for some reason. But if I open the file with notepad++ it gives the same key as in etmain. It only opens with notepad++.

There is also a second etkey file in etmain which opens up Mass Effect 2 as well. Opening with notepad++ gives another different etkey. How can 1 file do 2 different things?

post-522-0-77158700-1415487153_thumb.jpg

It's not 1 file - 2 with different extensions, .txt and something else. In system settings you can turn on extension display: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/software/3341794/how-show-or-hide-file-extensions/

Not sure what you did so that both files open Mass Effect 2, but etkey should be a simple file without extension that contains one line with GUID at the end.

It's not 1 file - 2 with different extensions, .txt and something else. In system settings you can turn on extension display: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/software/3341794/how-show-or-hide-file-extensions/

Not sure what you did so that both files open Mass Effect 2, but etkey should be a simple file without extension that contains one line with GUID at the end.

I unchecked the box your link told me to, so now I see the extensions. So my weird etkey is the right one because it has no extension? But why does it open up a totally different game on a different drive as well?  :wacko:

post-522-0-92331200-1415489661_thumb.jpg

btw. its good to use md5sum and have it noted in different file, but also, try to consider to send your etkey via email to yourself just for backup (ofc if you have normal hosted email) ... And also, its better to set flag "read only" onto your etkey file ...

just my 2 cents

btw. its good to use md5sum and have it noted in different file, but also, try to consider to send your etkey via email to yourself just for backup (ofc if you have normal hosted email) ... And also, its better to set flag "read only" onto your etkey file ...

just my 2 cents

I take you're 2 cents plz, and agree that keeping important but small files in e-mail is a wise decision :)

I deleted all my etkeys from etmain and put in the one Mr sent me. No xp and no level. Retried my other saved key which eagle just give me level back for, and it's got no level or xp again.

I'm running my minimiser in admin, ET in admin, have PB on ... I giveup. Stupid game lol.

Check if your old etkey is located at c/users/username/appdata/local/punkbuster/et/etmain

Before you can check that path, you need to make hidden folders visible.

Have hidden folders showing but there's no punkbuster at that location. I have Win7 if it matters.

With all my etkey changing one thing has stayed the same - my levels and xp on every other server I've played except pub xD

You sure you checked the appdata folder? not the application data :)

Anyways if any of the etkeys isn't working, would've been worth to try the etkey in that location, but if it isn't there...

Yup just double checked, nothing called punkbuster in that location.