Very low fps

Charlie

I updated my video card driver yesterday and now in ET I'm bossing 8-15 fps, 20 at a push. Is there an ET command I can use to sort my fps out? I don't want to roll back the driver seeing as it's only ET suffering after the change.

Thanks <3

If its nvidia, roll back to an older driver.

If its ATI/AMD, in console /r_primitives 2

edit: well you could try same for nvidia?.. I don't know yet :D

Edited by ailmanki
  • Like 1

Funny this one came up now.

I have problems after i updatet Nvidia last week and my Fps is normal "85" it keeps hop from 62-90 now. i have try set Fps to what ever and it stills hops up and down.

I run r_primitives "2" standart.

I could look like that update have give problems. 

Nah has to be some driver setting in Nvidia.

60-90 sounds like the driver toggles perfomance mode up and down..

You can define profiles for each game with Nvidia, I would suggest to try that for ET, and set it to "Power settings" to Max perfomance that should fix it - if it is what I think.

Unfortunately my NVIDIA control panel is in german, so I don't know the english names for those things, but it should be more or less what I wrote.

lol Alistar - thanks, but I prefer posts in forum, so everyone can profit :)

I have look there and set it up to max, restartet pc. Connect to server and stil same.

Will try updating my own drivers, but so far I only heard negative things. Will see what happens to my ET tomorrow..

Will try updating my own drivers, but so far I only heard negative things. Will see what happens to my ET tomorrow..

Got it, Threaded Optimization is the culprit. Set that to off and it should be fine again. At least I also had a dynamic 50-100 fps , and disabling that made it stable 100.

I did a quick calculus.

I presume it is way more expensive to drink in UK tahn in EE.

If i go out for a weekend (pub, drinks, food) it usually cost around 100 e. Depends how much i drink ofc.

But if you go out (i believe you get quite hammered?) and spend like 100 quids a night? :D

So for 200 pounds a PC that runs ET at  astable 125 fps is iizi.

On the other hand if you drink home and cheap beer then ofc you would have to be sober for like 2 days i beleive :D

Last sentence doesn't make any sense. gg.

Edited by random
  • Like 1

I have try all above with no luck. I think i will try go back with driver update. Problem is that i cant do it automactic have to do et manuel, so i hope i can do it that way :)

You did roll back the driver?

I have also had some issues in the past with nvidia driver updates. Rolling back usually helps.

Jahhaaaa now its work  :) 

I google it over and over and find af forum with same problems. They say do not update to that new version when you play ET only use version  344,75

Now it run nice and clean on what ever i set Fps too, so now i run 125 clean.

Thank for all your time, see you on server again  :)

• Like 1