Help

.UK **Apollo**

Hi Members of Team Muppet,

I hope you can help me.

I have 2 problems.

Problem 1 : I cant connect to  my clans nitmodsserver. The error thats appears is : Couldn't load an official pak file.

I tryed deleting all pk files didn't help, I re-installed et and updated everything didn't help, tryed my backup didn't help.

I found your nitmod server connect to it and i have no problem. Our Nitmod server runs 2.3.1 with anti cheat.

Other members also have the same issue.

Problem 2 is i need help with seting up nitmod server.

I know how to but its been 7 years ago that i did server stuff.

I havenow adminlvl but can't test them if the are working.

Can someone help me with this??

Thnx ur the best

• Founders

Hi mate,

The server must be running 2.60b and yourself a lesser version, the "couldn't load an official pak file" is the server has pak.1, pak.2 and mp_ files installed, these can not be downloaded via fast downloads.

Ideally the server side needs to run ET3.00 "renamed to the same as your current executable"  and then the mentioned official files need deleting for the etmain directory so only pak.0 is left, this will allow all versions of ET to connect without official pack issues and also provide better server side security, or update to 2.60b yourself.

I am at work at the moment so I can show you the file structure mentioned but I'm sure one of the other guys can do this for you.

You say you have an admin level but cant test, not quite sure what you mean, let us know what you have set in your database and we can advise from there.

Regards.

• Like 1

i have 2.60b thats why i dont understand why i cant get conected to ( Uk ) nitmodserver but i can join our ( uk ) jaymod server. Some other members als have the same problem so i am with my hands in my hair cause i dont under stand.

I asked in pm to you mrmuppet on uk forum if you could help me with a adminlevel structure but i done that. Uk nitmodserver isnt running smooth and i cant remember how to do things server wise. Thats why i am asking you ( team muppet ) for help

you want to see what i have in nitmod.cfg and server.cfg?

• Founders

ET 2.60b linux-i386 May 8 2006

Forgive my question but did you install 2.60 before 2.60b? your Jaymod server is running ET 3.00 - TB 0.7.1 linux-i386 so will allow all versions of ET to connect, 2.55, 2.60 etc

The server is hosted by Schnoog on the Hetzner network, I'm not sure what control panel that Splatterladder users for its server hosting, if possible from the panel install the ET3.00 version, if this cant be done and you have file access then you can possible install this manually (I can tell you exactly what to do) if the file type is permitted, if not then ask Schnoog to install this for you.

Both our Baserace only and Sniper only servers run the same version of Nitmod as yours on ET3.00 so if you have no issues there that it is definitely the 2.60b version you are running.

Regarding the Admin cfg, is this placed in the Nitmod directory inside the .etwolf directory and not in the root Nitmod directory?

HI mirmuppet,

No i did not install 2.60 before installing 2.60b. I just copied the 2.60b files and put in in my etfolder.

Splatterladder used Open Game Panel for server stuff.

The admin.cfg ( level.db ) is allready done in put in the map nitmod.

Where can i find a new version of 2.60b and 2.60?

Ok i found the download files on your server for 2.60 and 2.60b and 2.6b patches. I started with installing 2.60 and then i copied the 2.60b patch in to my et folder and now i can connect to our nitmod server finaly. It was getting on my nerv and my mind. How stupid can i be to forget the install 2.60 first before i use the 2.60b version.

Whats the differents between 2.60b and 2.6b version?

• Founders

I have never used the game panel mentioned but is there a game version installer?

Guys, anyone else used this panel or could install this on a linux o/s to view?

I am at work again so have limited access to resources but I am at home from tomorrow evening so if there is no progress from this then I can help tomorrow.

The linux installation should use .etwolf/silent for its prefetch files such as the admin.db etc and not the root directory of the game installation i.e the silent folder next to the ET executable where your silent.pk3 files will be located.

I not sure without being sat at my computer but does the Nitmod.cfg require an absolute path for the db? i.s /home/my server/.etwolf/silent the same as omnibot would require?

Hi m8's

Just spend sometime with Eagle on ts to help me with some of my problems. The general problems are solved and i hope nothing else appears. Gonna see how everything is running and if there is a problem again i will ask for help again.

I thank you very much eagle for your help.

I got my binds working justs copy and paste the autoexecfile also in to the nitmod folder and binds are working :)

Again Thnx for you time and help. Learned a few stuff.

Your never to old to learn something ( Like we dutch ppl like to say )

• Like 2