Et Legacy Server player skins + no bot vote

Hey I just wanted to ask if it'd be possible to change the player skins on the et legacy server back to the default ones. For the last few days they've been replaced with custom ones and they are pretty annoying since it's sometimes really hard to tell who is on axis and who on allies since they don't really differ in their color palette. I've asked a few other player who are there more often and they also seem to not like them.

So please :) revert them back to default.

Another suggestion would be to include a vote for removing the bots or putting them to spec. 

Apart from that I really like your server and it's great to see that after so many years of ET there are still active and nice servers! So thanks you <3

hmmm meaby You can make screen shot of what skins You see? I see default skins, like the one on picture below (without glowing eyes)sunglasses.jpg?phpMyAdmin=h0nhu,Rm,X5AYB

16 hours ago, the_real_wurstcola said:

Apart from that I really like your server and it's great to see that after so many years of ET there are still active and nice servers! So thanks you <3

we invite You to our main server etpub.teammupet.com:27960 or 37.187.79.49:27960 there are much more people playing in the evenings and its the best fun :)

• Founders

As niki says we have not added any other skins. However after issue's with xp saving and some people connected we did remove the pure client check and when Mrmuppet connected he did have the xmas skins. He still seems to be stuck with the skin and has no idea where it is coming from.

17 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

As niki says we have not added any other skins. However after issue's with xp saving and some people connected we did remove the pure client check and when Mrmuppet connected he did have the xmas skins. He still seems to be stuck with the skin and has no idea where it is coming from.

...probably from his local folder, because when pure check is disabled, then local files can be loaded ...

if ( sv_pure->integer ) {
		// the server sends these to the clients so they will only
		// load pk3s also loaded at the server
		p = FS_LoadedPakChecksums();
		Cvar_Set( "sv_paks", p );
		if ( strlen( p ) == 0 ) {
			Com_Printf( "WARNING: sv_pure set but no PK3 files loaded\n" );
		}
		p = FS_LoadedPakNames();
		Cvar_Set( "sv_pakNames", p );
	} else {
		Cvar_Set( "sv_paks", "" );
		Cvar_Set( "sv_pakNames", "" );
	}
	// the server sends these to the clients so they can figure
	// out which pk3s should be auto-downloaded
	// NOTE: we consider the referencedPaks as 'required for operation'

// we want the server to reference the mp_bin pk3 that the client is expected to load from

• Founders
21 hours ago, the_real_wurstcola said:

Hey I just wanted to ask if it'd be possible to change the player skins on the et legacy server back to the default ones. For the last few days they've been replaced with custom ones and they are pretty annoying since it's sometimes really hard to tell who is on axis and who on allies since they don't really differ in their color palette. I've asked a few other player who are there more often and they also seem to not like them.

So please :) revert them back to default.

Another suggestion would be to include a vote for removing the bots or putting them to spec. 

The uniforms where what was in your own directory when the server was sv_pure 0 whilst I was looking into the xp save issue with some clients, its back to pure now as the xp save issue is working as far as I am concerned so it is a client issue and not a server side issue, don't worry, we wont be adding any bullshit files to the server.

The bot issue can be worked via wolfadmin but I'm not sure if these commands would be abused on the server.

2 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

...probably from his local folder, because when pure check is disabled, then local files can be loaded ...

if ( sv_pure->integer ) {
		// the server sends these to the clients so they will only
		// load pk3s also loaded at the server
		p = FS_LoadedPakChecksums();
		Cvar_Set( "sv_paks", p );
		if ( strlen( p ) == 0 ) {
			Com_Printf( "WARNING: sv_pure set but no PK3 files loaded\n" );
		}
		p = FS_LoadedPakNames();
		Cvar_Set( "sv_pakNames", p );
	} else {
		Cvar_Set( "sv_paks", "" );
		Cvar_Set( "sv_pakNames", "" );
	}
	// the server sends these to the clients so they can figure
	// out which pk3s should be auto-downloaded
	// NOTE: we consider the referencedPaks as 'required for operation'

// we want the server to reference the mp_bin pk3 that the client is expected to load from

Obviously but as Mini said no idea where they are coming from!

Untitled.png

5 hours ago, Niki said:

hmmm meaby You can make screen shot of what skins You see? I see default skins, like the one on picture below (without glowing eyes)sunglasses.jpg?phpMyAdmin=h0nhu,Rm,X5AYB

we invite You to our main server etpub.teammupet.com:27960 or 37.187.79.49:27960 there are much more people playing in the evenings and its the best fun :)

Oh, ok. weird. For some reason I have some other skins showing up, but I'll check my et folder for any skins add-ons :)

I can't join the ETpub server since ETLegagy is the only mod running on my system, but the ETlegacy server is just fine for me

2 hours ago, MrMuppet said:

Obviously but as Mini said no idea where they are coming from!

Don't take me bad, only tried to think about it. It must be somewhere then, as I see these files are not on the server, so it must be somewhere on your local folders incl. etmain or so. I'm sure that u know what are you doing, i'm only curious from where these skins are coming ...