Legacy acting up?

I was playing today on the Legacy Server as things started to get strange.

All of a sudden my View changed and i wasnt able to move my Aim or my Character no more.

Only Fix = Reconnecting.

This happend several times to other Players as well (Morton for example).

Didnt matter what Map or where ive been.

All the Players got the same Problem at the very same Moment, so Internet is ruled out this way, but i checked anyway and my Net is perfectly healthy.

At first i thought a Mapscript was acting up, happend at Reactor first but after it also happend on Braundorf and Venice this most likely isnt the Cause.

Has the Server been restarted lately?

Might be RAM related so this could be a Fix.

If anyone has other Ideas to fix this (CVAR's? unlikely but who knows...) let me know :)

It's a known issue on the server, admins have been trying to fix it for some time now. It's something related to ET: Legacy that's causing it, although nobody has figured out yet the reason behind it, I think. The problem reappears from time to time. 

So, to answer your question, there's nothing that you can do about it. 

15 hours ago, MrMuppet said:

If you have an issue again then please do a trace rout, I "believe" it is when traffic starts moving through the DOS attack mitigation infrastructure.

Alright, i will do that next time and post the Result here.

2 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

also just put in your console /reconnect et.teammuppet.com or ip, same thing happened to me but it only banned me for 5 mins.

I tried to reconnect for about 1,5 Hours and it still said im banned.

Might be a bit random the time Frame...

• Founders

I mean do not actually disconnect from the server unless it kicked you ofc, just open your console and write above, it did me when i tried to disconnect and was kinda froze. Im not saying this won't stop it happening again just worth a try.

59 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

I mean do not actually disconnect from the server unless it kicked you ofc, just open your console and write above, it did me when i tried to disconnect and was kinda froze. Im not saying this won't stop it happening again just worth a try.

Hmm.

I will try a simple reconnect next time then.