<TM>sty abusive kick and spec putting

ButterlyFly

Hi there, regular player here!

Description:

I noticed this administrator is kicking players for 15 or more minutes, sometimes impulsively, just because he saw someone standing for 10 - 20 seconds in spawn. Let it be changing class in the lobby (for some new players it might take long, yes). His reasoning is "go spec next time".

AFK is reserved for longer absence of gameplay or repeated AFKs.

There is no way that someone gets kicked for 15 minutes just because he had business for 10 seconds (blew his nose, went to the toilet, changing class, you get the idea). Nevertheless, he does it.

There is also an AFK timer on your server, so why is he kicking for 15 minutes when the system does it? It is blatant admin privilege abuse. Not to mention that he himself sometimes AFKs, but who kicks him? Rhetoric question. He "deserves" to be put to spectator by the system, obviously.

For sty:

There is an automatic system that puts you to spectator.

I played on the main server for 3 years, at first you put everyone with your false (above-mentioned) criteria to spectator. Fine. At least we come back and continue.

Now it escalated to the point that you kick people for 10 - 15 minutes.

I understand AFKs are annoying (if ~15 seconds is AFK even?), but someone going to do his business for 20 seconds is not a reason to kick him for 15 minutes, when there is an automatic system that puts that player to spectators - also, you are AFK sometimes too and put top spec by the system several times. Isn't that hypocritical?

How would you feel if you brought a bottle of water, then you come back 15 seconds later, and you are kicked for 15 minutes with a reason of "go spec if AFK" with the knowledge that there is an auto spectator system. You would be angry, wouldn't you?

If it really bothers you, stick with your first solution: put them to spec. Even that is absurd, because of the auto spec system. But at least you don't kick people for being AFK for 10 - 20 seconds once.

Many people complained about you for this.

Please stop.

This behaviour escalated and grew from semi-appropriate but useless spectator !put s -ing into admin kick command abuse.

You don't have to kick people, the system does it for you. Even better, the system doesn't kick, it puts people to spec after a certain amount of time, so they can continue playing.

It is no excuse that they occupy slots for connecting players when the server isn't half-full or half full even, and then you kick them for the same reason.

If you think the auto-spec system it is flawed, why did the TM founders invent this system and leave it untouched?

Your actions are counterproductive and harmful for yourself and other players. You even kick people when the server is not even half full. Counterproductive for you because you get to play with fewer players, and harmful for the players you kick with impulsivity because you saw him stand in spawn for 8 seconds. Or 15 seconds.

And no, it's not about people going to spectator and back to team then AFK again. You kick some people the first time you see them AFK, on a whim. This is nonsense.

Denying it would be in vain.

I didn't record games up until now, only saw it and experienced it. But this is too much, man.

I will start from today. I really hope this will discourage you from abusing the kick command in particular in this context.

An extra effort from your side could be if you would stop your impulsivity and cease putting people to spectator who stay in spawn for 15 seconds on average and thanks to that you put them to spec.

I ask you, please, stop your impulses and let us play. Yes, we need 15 seconds to blow our nose while we stay in spawn, but could you forgive us that and stop kicking us out for 10 - 15 minutes for such small things? I know it's not much, but seriously, this is an over-kill. Say nothing of that these actions have no impact on the game at all.

People have to go to a hidden place on the map not to be seen by you only for the sole reason that you are in the team and your first thing to do when you respawn is look around to see if anyone is standing and if you find someone, you kick him or at best put him to spec when there is already an automated spec-system.

This is crazy.

I know this is ridiculous, but the absurdity presents itself.

There is no reason putting players to spectator because it is automated (auto-spec system), let alone kick someone for staying in spawn for 15 seconds or because you happened to see him in spawn in that moment. Otherwise, he would continue playing.

TM Owners, Founders, Members:

Please inform him that this is not OK to kick someone for 15 minutes just because he was switching classes or blew his nose for 20 seconds and had to throw it in the bin in the other room, or had to go to the toilet, thus he stayed in spawn during that time.

I am getting tired of repeating myself, but: there is an auto spec system in operation non-stop. His !put and !kick commands are redundant and toxic on an impulse. He hates seeing standing players. He even warns people to play more "effectively" or "don't goof around" - even newcomers - or they will be kicked. His personality is dominant and abusive according to how he communicates with others.

A crucial reminder to mention, it is only TM sty doing this, no other administrator does this. Only him.

Furthermore, I will start recording games from today and replay them to see if he abuses the commands again in this context.

If you need proof, the players involved will gladly assist you, just ask them, but I will happily provide you with further incoming future recorded evidence. < This sentence in itself hopefully will be read by sty and discourage him from his aberrant use of his administrative privileges in this context.

I hope that the TM Owners/Founders/Members will handle this appropriately and monitor his commands and the validity of them. I would gladly help out with recording games, which I will.

Otherwise, he is doing a good job maintaining the server, like shuffling when unbalance occurs, muting spammers, kicking racist players/names and all.

He is an okay admin, but his impulsive behaviour towards players that stay in spawn for ~15 seconds is, to most peoples' standard, is unacceptable and nonsensical and in many eyes he is seen pretty bad, abusive.

Thank you for reading. I leave it up to the staff to handle it, I will comment no further except when I have video proof of him abusing commands when it comes to standing still in spawn for ~15 seconds - when there is an automated spec system.

Edited by ButterlyFly

Hello ButterlyFly.

I am not here to judge anyone or anything at this moment, because I don't know the full situation.

I try to understand both sides.

- When a player is afk, there can be a good reason. A kick seems unfair then.

- When a player is AFK in spawn and block 20 players who can't get out that's also frustrating.

Then about TM members AFK, and I will only speak for myself.
As a TM member, I can look AFK when I play, there is also a reason for that. Its because a player is misbehaving and I am looking into his history. I always try to get in a corner so I don't block other players. So I seem AFK, but I am besides an admin, also a player and I can't always go spec when some one is misbehaving, or a player is acused by 1 of the 40 players of misbeheaviour.

About the server who will automaticly put you spec. That is a backup system when no admin there to put spec. Especialy in the first 30 sec of a map, when 3 or 4 players AFK, I overrule this and put all AFK's spec in first 10 sec. Otherwise a map can already be lost in the first minute. Also when players block in spawn I will put them spec.

As said before, I don't know the situation and what happende before, so don't ask me to judge on anybody at this point.

All I can ask for now is a little understanding from everybody.

Good to see you are making records now. Whenever you have something to share in forum, please do. I will always watch the demo's

18 hours ago, ButterlyFly said:

Hi there, regular player here!

Description:

I noticed this administrator is kicking players for 15 or more minutes, sometimes impulsively, just because he saw someone standing for 10 - 20 seconds in spawn. Let it be changing class in the lobby (for some new players it might take long, yes). His reasoning is "go spec next time".

AFK is reserved for longer absence of gameplay or repeated AFKs.

There is no way that someone gets kicked for 15 minutes just because he had business for 10 seconds (blew his nose, went to the toilet, changing class, you get the idea). Nevertheless, he does it.

There is also an AFK timer on your server, so why is he kicking for 15 minutes when the system does it? It is blatant admin privilege abuse. Not to mention that he himself sometimes AFKs, but who kicks him? Rhetoric question. He "deserves" to be put to spectator by the system, obviously.

For sty:

I played on the main server for 3 years, at first you put everyone with your false (above-mentioned) criteria to spectator. Fine. At least we come back and continue.

Now it escalated to the point that you kick people for 10 - 15 minutes.

I understand AFKs are annoying (if ~15 seconds is AFK even?), but someone going to do his business for 20 seconds is not a reason to kick him for 15 minutes, when there is an automatic system that puts that player to spectators - also, you are AFK sometimes too and put top spec by the system several times. Isn't that hypocritical?

How would you feel if you brought a bottle of water, then you come back 15 seconds later, and you are kicked for 15 minutes with a reason of "go spec if AFK" with the knowledge that there is an auto spectator system. You would be angry, wouldn't you?

If it really bothers you, stick with your first solution: put them to spec. Even that is absurd, because of the auto spec system. But at least you don't kick people for being AFK for 10 - 20 seconds once.

Many people complained about you for this.

Please stop.

This behaviour escalated and grew from semi-appropriate but useless spectator !put s -ing into admin kick command abuse.

You don't have to kick people, the system does it for you. Even better, the system doesn't kick, it puts people to spec after a certain amount of time, so they can continue playing.

It is no excuse that they occupy slots for connecting players when the server isn't half-full or half full even, and then you kick them for the same reason.

If you think the auto-spec system it is flawed, why did the TM founders invent this system and leave it untouched?

Your actions are counterproductive and harmful for yourself and other players. You even kick people when the server is not even half full. Counterproductive for you because you get to play with fewer players, and harmful for the players you kick with impulsivity because you saw him stand in spawn for 8 seconds. Or 15 seconds.

And no, it's not about people going to spectator and back to team then AFK again. You kick some people the first time you see them AFK, on a whim. This is nonsense.

Denying it would be in vain.

I didn't record games up until now, only saw it and experienced it. But this is too much, man.

I will start from today. I really hope this will discourage you from abusing the kick command in particular in this context.

An extra effort from your side could be if you would stop your impulsivity and cease putting people to spectator who stay in spawn for 15 seconds on average and thanks to that you put them to spec.

I ask you, please, stop your impulses and let us play. Yes, we need 15 seconds to blow our nose while we stay in spawn, but could you forgive us that and stop kicking us out for 10 - 15 minutes for such small things? I know it's not much, but seriously, this is an over-kill. Say nothing of that these actions have no impact on the game at all.

People have to go to a hidden place on the map not to be seen by you only for the sole reason that you are in the team and your first thing to do when you respawn is look around to see if anyone is standing and if you find someone, you kick him or at best put him to spec when there is already an automated spec-system.

This is crazy.

I know this is ridiculous, but the absurdity presents itself.

There is no reason putting players to spectator because it is automated (auto-spec system), let alone kick someone for staying in spawn for 15 seconds or because you happened to see him in spawn in that moment. Otherwise, he would continue playing.

TM Owners, Founders, Members:

Please inform him that this is not OK to kick someone for 15 minutes just because he was switching classes or blew his nose for 20 seconds and had to throw it in the bin in the other room, or had to go to the toilet, thus he stayed in spawn during that time.

I am getting tired of repeating myself, but: there is an auto spec system in operation non-stop. His !put and !kick commands are redundant and toxic on an impulse. He hates seeing standing players. He even warns people to play more "effectively" or "don't goof around" - even newcomers - or they will be kicked. His personality is dominant and abusive according to how he communicates with others.

A crucial reminder to mention, it is only TM sty doing this, no other administrator does this. Only him.

Furthermore, I will start recording games from today and replay them to see if he abuses the commands again in this context.

If you need proof, the players involved will gladly assist you, just ask them, but I will happily provide you with further incoming future recorded evidence. < This sentence in itself hopefully will be read by sty and discourage him from his aberrant use of his administrative privileges in this context.

I hope that the TM Owners/Founders/Members will handle this appropriately and monitor his commands and the validity of them. I would gladly help out with recording games, which I will.

Otherwise, he is doing a good job maintaining the server, like shuffling when unbalance occurs, muting spammers, kicking racist players/names and all.

He is an okay admin, but his impulsive behaviour towards players that stay in spawn for ~15 seconds is, to most peoples' standard, is unacceptable and nonsensical and in many eyes he is seen pretty bad, abusive.

Thank you for reading. I leave it up to the staff to handle it, I will comment no further except when I have video proof of him abusing commands when it comes to standing still in spawn for ~15 seconds - when there is an automated spec system.

About your description: I always wait at least 2-3 respawns before I put some1 to spec. I always give you a chance to go get water etc. I kick ppl who are constantly not going spec, making teams unfair. And I don't do it because I enjoy it. I do it to teach you respect to other players and admins. It seems you have no idea what impact on the game do 7 afk at the start of a map. 

Automated system is on,  so no1 can be afk for a whole day. When TM member is on the server, it is his duty to maintain teams fair.

What is your nickname ingame?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, ButterlyFly said:

Auto spec doesn't work perfectly. If you remain inactive even for a while longer, but during this time you were pushed by any other player, the system recognizes this as your move and does not put you on spec. Please keep this on your mind next time when you go afk.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:42 PM, Jessica said:

Hello ButterlyFly.

I am not here to judge anyone or anything at this moment, because I don't know the full situation.

I try to understand both sides.

- When a player is afk, there can be a good reason. A kick seems unfair then.

- When a player is AFK in spawn and block 20 players who can't get out that's also frustrating.

Then about TM members AFK, and I will only speak for myself.
As a TM member, I can look AFK when I play, there is also a reason for that. Its because a player is misbehaving and I am looking into his history. I always try to get in a corner so I don't block other players. So I seem AFK, but I am besides an admin, also a player and I can't always go spec when some one is misbehaving, or a player is acused by 1 of the 40 players of misbeheaviour.

About the server who will automaticly put you spec. That is a backup system when no admin there to put spec. Especialy in the first 30 sec of a map, when 3 or 4 players AFK, I overrule this and put all AFK's spec in first 10 sec. Otherwise a map can already be lost in the first minute. Also when players block in spawn I will put them spec.

As said before, I don't know the situation and what happende before, so don't ask me to judge on anybody at this point.

All I can ask for now is a little understanding from everybody.

Good to see you are making records now. Whenever you have something to share in forum, please do. I will always watch the demo'

The topic is not about people who troll.

It is about admin abuse of kick command, which only TM sty does, impulsively. Experienced it, saw it and others also complained about it in game. Believe me or not, doesn't change the facts.

About the purpose of the auto-spec system, it would be better if a founder or owner responded to that, to be honest, after all, it wasn't you who put it in place and set the timers to specific values.

"I overrule this and put all AFK's spec in first 10 sec." I do think it is an overkill. Games aren't lost for 10 seconds in the beginning, this is absurd, I hope you realise that.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:42 PM, divine_one said:

Auto spec doesn't work perfectly. If you remain inactive even for a while longer, but during this time you were pushed by any other player, the system recognizes this as your move and does not put you on spec. Please keep this on your mind next time when you go afk.

No it doesn't.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, sty said:

About your description: I always wait at least 2–3 respawns before I put some1 to spec. I always give you a chance to go get water etc. I kick ppl who are constantly not going spec, making teams unfair. And I don't do it because I enjoy it. I do it to teach you respect to other players and admins. It seems you have no idea what impact on the game, do 7 AFK at the start of a map. 

Automated system is on, so no1 can be AFK for a whole day. When a TM member is on the server, it is his duty to maintain teams fair.

What is your nickname in game?

You don't wait 2 - 3 respawns. You act on impulse, and you keep denying it, obviously.

And being AFK who is not blocking/trolling/multi AFKing is not a legitimate reason to kick someone for 10  - 15 minutes.

You don't give a chance. You do enjoy it, that's the problem. It escalated to kicking people. You didn't do that years before. This is the point of this topic.

You first started putting people to spec who you saw fit who were just standing for a few seconds, and then he complained why did you do that. This happened not even once. I've been here since 3 years under different names to avoid being biased by other admins or players. There were admins who I am not going to name, but one started raging for killing him too many times and looked for the tiniest reason to kick me.

Anyway, putting to someone to spec for longer durations or who blocks/trolls is okay. I wouldn't be writing this if it were for that.

"Automated system is on, so no1 can be AFK for a whole day. When a TM member is on the server, it is his duty to maintain teams fair." Exactly. So why not keep teams fair and let the system designed by founders work properly and balance teams with shuffle for example instead of kicking impulsively?

I had my own server years ago, and I had auto-spec system too and I set its value so that AFKs go to spec specifically. So the auto-spec system isn't working is gibberish.

You impulsively kick people with a reason of alibi of AFK for 10 - 15 minutes to respect others and admins? And now you ask my in game name? May I ask why is it important? This is the exact reason why I constantly change my name.

But you need not worry about my in game name, as it will be on the demos.

Edited by ButterlyFly

Cant wait for demos.I kick ppl who dont care bout goin spec. If u dont play go spec. All it is. I aint wasting time to put all the time the same ppl to spec. And you not wanting to state ur name says all.