Decay add time bonus on 1st crate?

This behavior is mostly liked on pirates. Decays has kind of similar set up in the end.

I would suggest 10min +3min (door) +2min (generator) +1min  (first crate) 16min total time.

Decay seems well balanced in current setting so would not want to drift too much away from current times.

So this means it will get +1min and axis can also win it sooner up to -5min.

This kind of setting should create enough close calls to keep adrenaline up :D and give just enough bonuses to give chance for allies unless they too drunk on Saturday evening.

Can be tested and reverted back if not wanted but i strongly believe it will make things more internesting.

Edited by uips
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

I agree map already seems well balanced

Would this type of bonus be better only when there's not much time on clock? Example: 1 minute left on clock, allies get first crate and get extra minute to try and win game. This would help making map a bit more exciting. But I don't think for example: 7 minutes on clock, allies get first crate and get extra time really helps the map. Don't know if it's possible though to add this where it only gives extra time depending on how much time is left

I think the time bonuses are a good addition but they are somewhat missing the original point of why they were added (in my opinion).

Originally I think they were added so that a map won't be dragged out because of unfair teams. To give the offending team a certain time to finish the first part of the map and if they succeed, then give them a bonus to finish the second part of the map as well. If they fail to pass first stage, then the map ends earlier - seems simple and fair to me. This as a whole is a great addition.

However, I feel like giving time bonuses for every small bit of advancement is ruining the point. Certainly seems like a "screw you" to anyone defending when the offence keeps getting more and more time.

I would split maps in however many parts they clearly have and give bonuses only for getting past those certain stages. Delivering first objective is not a clear stage in my mind so in Decay I would only split the map to 2 parts and give a bonus only for passing the first stage (outside). If it's not enough, then defence wins fair and square.

3 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Originally I think they were added so that a map won't be dragged out because of unfair teams.

That is true best example are probably Venice and Caen here.

3 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

However, I feel like giving time bonuses for every small bit of advancement is ruining the point. Certainly seems like a "screw you" to anyone defending when the offence keeps getting more and more time.

I am not sure how most people perceive time bonus as defending team. In current example it is 10min initial time and total of 6min added through bonuses. This can be perceived as 16min map and axis having chance to finish it sooner if manage to stop allies from hitting milestones. Closest to multiple small bonuses are probably Supply Depot and Bremen here.

There are some maps like Supply Depot for example when there is no time bonus on securing gold. Map is pretty much over when there is 1-2min left and people actually stop trying because it can not be won. So getting those small time bonuses on such events would eliminate game dragging where u just run around and shoot and wait till map ends.

So i think it has pros and cons? It can keep the intensity up but feel unfair to defending team?