Baserace - why the change from sudden death to a tie (where everyone loses)

• Founders
On 10/20/2023 at 9:00 PM, Danimal said:

Can we return to sudden death?

You mean so one side has to win? We don't like base race to go on for ever and this could happen when no one can secure  a part.

On 10/20/2023 at 9:00 PM, Danimal said:

Also, is it worth calling it a win automatically when a team goes 5-0 up?  Otherwise peeps can end up playing for ages without a hope of winning.

This would probably need a script doing  don't know if it's possible or not.

Thanks for the reply MiniMuppet. That is exactly what I meant. What about a halfway house where if the teams are drawing then you extend the time by 3 or 5 minutes (or if someone goes 1 nill up in that time period the game ends immediately) ? Dont know if this would be possible.

It's frustrating to play for 20 minutes and have no winner - but i totally understand if it is a stalemate then you don't want it going on too long.

It is possible to make it end when one team takes lead over 5 points. Change can be made if interested. 

I have had idea about time bonus on each delivery. There is 40 for each team. Starting time 12min and each obj giving +10sec to time. This way it ends sooner when teams are unable to get objectives. Also makes it longer when obj keep coming in. This can be tested too if interested?