Orange crosshair with mortar as soldier

Mjr Pain

Hallo,

yesterday I played a couple of maps on NoDownload (some of you maybe know that ;-) ).

In one map I played as a soldiert with a mortar.

I'm not really good with it .... so I just shot in the air just for fun and I tried to hit anything.

But suddenly in scale for the horizotal and vertical direction there appeared a orange crosshair!

I never have seen it before in that mod.

Is it new?

For what is it good?

Do anyone konw that orange crosshair?

fg Mjr

P.S.: the self-injection of the medic-class to get infinity sprinting-mana for a short time did also disapeared from the mod or?

• Founders

found this

81mm Morser / 3 Inch Mortar

Both Axis and Allies use variants of the French Brandt 81mm/3 Inch Mortar design. To use the Mortar, hit your Alt Fire Key (Z). Once the Mortar is readied, a Mortar round can be fired by pressing Fire. The elevation (range) and azimuth (lateral direction) of the Mortar can be adjusted by moving the mouse using the crosshairs as a guide. The lower the angle of elevation, the further the Mortar will fire. You can observe your fall of shot either by line of sight or by looking at your Command Map (G). Field Ops may designate targets for your Mortar as they call in Artillery Strikes. A targeting reticule will appear on your Command Map and in your Mortar sights. You can then aim for the reticle, in the knowledge that your Mortar rounds will be falling on the correct bearing, although you may still have to adjust elevation.

• 4 weeks later...